Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd - 2018 Bob Skilton medalist

puke

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
How can you overpay a player who has the most disposals, has the highest DE and has got us out of tighter spots than Houdini has ever been in.

This kid is a gun player and the sooner some of our do called experts here realise it the better.

In AFL circles he is highly rated. You all say other clubs did not come calling. Maybe that is because his management told them he would be resigning. Ever though of that. I've heard Sun's and one other club acpcproached his management early in the peace.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
As a cautionary note I never think he is a gun when he trots alongside an opposing forward and neither spoils nor contests the mark when the ball come in. Right about that point im thinking......"F*** lloyd are you useless". Maybe that's why other clubs intetest was moderate - defensive weaknesses. We can't be everything to all people though.......unless you're Buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scaryness

Oct 19, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
he is a gun at getting cheap and easy possessions. his disposal is safe, when it isn't he turns it over and often leads to an opposition goal. his defending (tackling and spoiling) is at times pathetic. he plays a role that you could pick someone out of the rookie draft and train up to play in a few years. he is simply a link man and while playing his role should be in the bottom half of earners in the team. if they have paid him overs than they are setting us up for future problems in retaining players who actually win us games. i don't care whether other clubs rate him or not. i know harley and others have made a lot of football list decisions that have cost us dearly and now they are scurrying about trying to palm off the players they overpaid to other clubs when there contracts are not even half over..
This is true as that is exactly Lloyd's story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
How can you overpay a player who has the most disposals, has the highest DE and has got us out of tighter spots than Houdini has ever been in.

This kid is a gun player and the sooner some of our do called experts here realise it the better.

In AFL circles he is highly rated. You all say other clubs did not come calling. Maybe that is because his management told them he would be resigning. Ever though of that. I've heard Sun's and one other club acpcproached his management early in the peace.

Which tights spots?

Very good clubman, good player, but I can’t recall a tight spot he got us out of or a match he won

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney

I like your post Wolfie but I just have to say that Lloyd’s sole objective was to remain in Sydney. He’s done that and now it’s on him to back up the past two seasons in the role that only he is playing and playing well!

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
No, its not harsh at all. It’s more what I’ve seen in the NEAFL, which probably explains why his AFL games were forgettable. You get a feeling about some players and this is the one I have.
Tend to agree. He has more than AFL level speed, and his ball use by foot looks mostly tidy, but at this albeit early stage it doesn’t seem to me that the feel of the game comes naturally to him. Just my impression.

That’s not to say he won’t make it, but feel if he does it will be a half back or a half forward rather than a winger who needs a little more nous.

Plenty of time on his side. Club had given him a third year so he has a couple to work it out.

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Tend to agree. He has more than AFL level speed, and his ball use by foot looks mostly tidy, but at this albeit early stage it doesn’t seem to me that the feel of the game comes naturally to him. Just my impression.

That’s not to say he won’t make it, but feel if he does it will be a half back or a half forward rather than a winger who needs a little more nous.

Plenty of time on his side. Club had given him a third year so he has a couple to work it out.
I can only hope he proves me wrong. Anyway, we’re a little off topic here.

Top Bottom