Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd - 2018 Bob Skilton medalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BarneyBent

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2008
Leeds/'Berra/Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Lloyd is a gun. Defence is not his strength but his offensive capabilities more than make up for it. Not everybody needs to be an expert defender.

I suspect they were waiting to see where things landed salary cap wise. With Hanners requesting a trade, they’ve probably finally found themselves in a position to put an adequate offer to Lloyd.

Mick Oxlong

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Lloyd is a gun. Defence is not his strength but his offensive capabilities more than make up for it. Not everybody needs to be an expert defender.

I suspect they were waiting to see where things landed salary cap wise. With Hanners requesting a trade, they’ve probably finally found themselves in a position to put an adequate offer to Lloyd.
You’re half right, he is a gun at what he does and yes, he doesn’t have to be as defensive.

As for the contract, while yes was about more coin due to Sydney lowballing, it’s probably not as much as everyone thinks it is. It was more about contract length. They’ve obviously found that happy medium!

Superstar swan

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Buddy very stiff imo. I understand he missed 4 games but where would we be without him. Parker and lloyd almost looked embarrassed to be ahead of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Wtf @ this page.

CONGRATS LLOYD THE GUN AND STAR SWAN!!!! So proud to have him at our club, to think of how quietly he’s risen to become a club champion, and there’s no shortage of competition on our list. I still remember his first game in 2014 feeling impressed without being in awe, thinking “this kid might play 200 games for us.” Well stuff that! He’s gonna play 300 games and about 95% of them will be bloody good ones. Looked very humbled to win but couldn’t be more deserving.

Man-crush rant over.

Kirkswan

Premium Platinum
May 10, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Congratulations Jake! An outstanding year!

Also congrats to both Buddy and Parker who were both worthy runners up! (Both missed out due to injury imo... if either one had played round 23, they would have beaten Lloyd I reckon.)

A couple of top 10 inclusions worth mentioning: Georgie Hewett - Just keeps going from strength to strength, reckon he might be a contender next year; and Harry Cunningham - An injury free year and just wow mate! Can't wait to see what you can do next year...

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Having one good year out of the box can happen but that is now two very good seasons at a consistently high standard from Jake which has him on his way to becoming a name we won't forget when we look back in 20 years. Keep it up Jake. Yet another rookie pick that's come good.
That's why we won't keep pick 12.

Top Bottom