Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd - 2018 Bob Skilton medalist

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wilsonmatic

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
worst best and fairest winner i can remember and thats not that bad, talking good players, but he has no impact, teams push him back one on one and he can't/wont kick long anymore

id like to see a move to the middle, he looks lost
This call is pretty unfair.. Really s**t yesterday and a few other games this year. He's just so indirect lately.. He was good in the north melbourne match, need to see more of that.

The King!

Chosen One
Aug 3, 2004
Backwater
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Cavs, Redsox, Patriots
This call is pretty unfair.. Really s**t yesterday and a few other games this year. He's just so indirect lately.. He was good in the north melbourne match, need to see more of that.

He’s having a solid good year sorry bit OTP with my post

He was so impactful last year just not seeing it as much now

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I question why he still needs to be down back. Dawson / Mills are taking more responsibility of kicking in, Rampe always takes a few + Cunningham is back and can do that role ok if needed. There's no reason for him to be back there anymore when he's better served elsewhere.
oLloyd is a winger, was good on the wing early 16 and was good playing more high HB in late 16 all of 17. Playing too deep in defence now. His best football is when he's a linking player in possession chains. If I'm recalling correctly wasn't bad around stoppages early in his career either. Opposition will be more worried about him getting 30 touches if it's between the arcs, they're not so worried if most of the 30 are coming 20m out from their own goal.
85% of touches in defensive half, he's just doing what asked of him so not his fault .... coaching group using him poorly, could be a big boost to our midfield.

caesar88

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think we have to remember Lloyd is a player who likes to run and actually made his name for himself at our club by doing so. His confidence looks shot right now, and not surprising given he is being played basically on the last line of defence. How the **** does Horse think tucking a running type into the back pocket is going to achieve anything?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom