Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

sbyiYhsV.jpg

Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited:
This call is pretty unfair.. Really s**t yesterday and a few other games this year. He's just so indirect lately.. He was good in the north melbourne match, need to see more of that.

He’s having a solid good year sorry bit OTP with my post

He was so impactful last year just not seeing it as much now

Jack2Jack

Club Legend
May 3, 2011
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I question why he still needs to be down back. Dawson / Mills are taking more responsibility of kicking in, Rampe always takes a few + Cunningham is back and can do that role ok if needed. There's no reason for him to be back there anymore when he's better served elsewhere.
oLloyd is a winger, was good on the wing early 16 and was good playing more high HB in late 16 all of 17. Playing too deep in defence now. His best football is when he's a linking player in possession chains. If I'm recalling correctly wasn't bad around stoppages early in his career either. Opposition will be more worried about him getting 30 touches if it's between the arcs, they're not so worried if most of the 30 are coming 20m out from their own goal.
85% of touches in defensive half, he's just doing what asked of him so not his fault .... coaching group using him poorly, could be a big boost to our midfield.

He's one of the few players in our team who can hit a leading forward but spends 80% of the game floating around the back pocket.

Being wasted.

I think we have to remember Lloyd is a player who likes to run and actually made his name for himself at our club by doing so. His confidence looks shot right now, and not surprising given he is being played basically on the last line of defence. How the **** does Horse think tucking a running type into the back pocket is going to achieve anything?

Yeah righto

he just gets cheapies, he was putrid tonight but got 40 odd and will be in everyones best who reads the stat sheet
being wasted in a bull s**t role

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
he just gets cheapies, he was putrid tonight but got 40 odd and will be in everyones best who reads the stat sheet
being wasted in a bull s**t role
He is being wasted in his role, that I agree about. But he’s been far from putrid...that’s left to players like Jack and Hayward!

He is being wasted in his role, that I agree about. But he’s been far from putrid...that’s left to players like Jack and Hayward!

.yeah ok putrid is harsh

been poor, for a best and fairest which is elite company, is just a c grader / ordinary player

tonight was crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched as many games as I would like this year, but from what I have seen he might be a dual Bob Skilton this year?

Most consistent and least injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back