Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

sbyiYhsV.jpg

Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited:

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Elite disposal by foot & a future A-grader. Or so i've been told.

Reality:

1. C-grade footskills
2. D-grade football player
3. Pea heart who gets physically outmuscled in 99% of 1 on 1 contests

Have I left anything out?

Not only is he not elite but he is decidedly below average - which is saying something in a watered-down 18 team comp.

So for the sake of my own sanity, can we please put an end to the mindless comparisons between him & players like Jetta & McVeigh?

Last edited:

Backfire thread.

Calling a guy that busts his guts a pea heart is beyond the pale.

I am pissed with the loss but to tale a crack at a kid who is a very good footy player when premiership players, 100 gamers, Brownlow medalists and AA's went missing or were far worse is ******* terrible .

Shithouse embarrassment of a thread.

We have seen both the Jake Lloyd who in the first month of this year and the QF last year was one of the best midfielders in our team because of his composure and skills.

Then we have seen the Jake Lloyd of the last month or so, a clanger machine who can shirk a contest.

He is also only 21 and played less than 50 games. Give him time before declaring him a spud.

I'm pretty confident his consistent level is closer to the former than the latter.

He's just out of form, he usually is a very good user of the football but in recent weeks has become as putrid as the rest of the team. Maybe it's contagious.

I wouldn't mind him dropping back to the reserves in an attempt to rebuild his confidence.

Having said all that, it's ridiculous he's being made the scapegoat when more senior midfielders today were just as poor if not even worse than Lloyd.

Biggest problem at this club is lloyd is the type who would get dropped when the sides out of form

Heaven forbid a k jack or hannebery etc are held responsible for that s**t we served up

Easier to drop the kids though

I will wesr lloyds average kicking because he had a go

Heck you wear goodsey pinged holding the ball late, at least he took it on tried to creatE

But where was parker tonight? Did vonn kidnap him? Where were our captains, got two, think one could show up

Biggest problem at this club is lloyd is the type who would get dropped when the sides out of form

Heaven forbid a k jack or hannebery etc are held responsible for that s**t we served up

Easier to drop the kids though

I will wesr lloyds average kicking because he had a go

Heck you wear goodsey pinged holding the ball late, at least he took it on tried to creatE

But where was parker tonight? Did vonn kidnap him? Where were our captains, got two, think one could show up

Need to adopt Beveridge's philosophy of best in form 22.

Don't care about your name, if you're not playing well you're not playing seniors.

Except we don't have depth.

He's just out of form, he usually is a very good user of the football but in recent weeks has become as putrid as the rest of the team. Maybe it's contagious.

I wouldn't mind him dropping back to the reserves in an attempt to rebuild his confidence.

Having said all that, it's ridiculous he's being made the scapegoat when more senior midfielders today were just as poor if not even worse than Lloyd.

Where have i stated that he is responsible or solely responsible for the loss tonight?

My opinion is based on what i have seen over a sustained period vis-a-vis the numerous comments I have read over the same period. There is no correlation between what people have written this year and what he brings to the table. None!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where have i stated that he is responsible or solely responsible for the loss tonight?

Starting a thread after the game calling him a pea heart (which is a pretty rough for the reasons others have stated above) kind of implies it.

Need to adopt Beveridge's philosophy of best in form 22.

Don't care about your name, if you're not playing well you're not playing seniors.

Except we don't have depth.

I keep hearing that and maybe its true , but why not see? Surely someone is in form in the reserves lets reward that form, you never know what you have.

Starting a thread after the game calling him a pea heart (which is a pretty rough for the reasons others have stated above) kind of implies it.

This was simply the game that caused my cup to spill over.

He has been ordinary in many games this year. The fact that some of you cannot see that doesn't surprise me.

I never really got the rapturous praise for his skills over the past couple of years, but he's not utterly terrible.
He was tonight, and has been declining the last month. He runs into space still but just murders it when he gets it.

He has been ordinary in many games this year. The fact that some of you cannot see that doesn't surprise me.

He hasn't been in great form but geez at least part of the problem is that he (like everyone else) doesn't have anyone to kick it to.

Think its the pea heart comment that i find off, thats all

Not claiming is he a demi god, but he has a crack, cant fault that

Think its the pea heart comment that i find off, thats all

Not claiming is he a demi god, but he has a crack, cant fault that

All demi god claims must only be directed towards Heeney.

Lloyd has very good foot skills. Hes finding it tough at the moment because he is not getting the space he is used to. He is just in a learning curve at the moment
Can't agree. Lloyd usually is running by himself in plenty of space but he hesitates, stops our run and then clangers the ball (6 clangers in one game). No idea what's up with him but the last month or so he has gone from Rolls Royce to broken down Fiat in the skills stakes.

The question is does he need to get some confidence back in the NEAFL ? (if that's even possible)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back