#44 - Matt Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

Im a little miffed why some people are sipping the boot into Matt Crouch? Not long ago he was considered a top 10 pick this year. He has had simply outstanding form this year, both at TAC and VFL, is the brother of Brad and we managed to get him at 23. Im happy. He has a similar story to Mitch Grigg, so the fact he slipped means we should have over looked him as well.

Agree and well stoked we got him.

However, how or why did he drop from a top 10 selection to pick 23 if he was getting plenty of the ball in the VFL?

Why did he drop?

I seriously hope this media fix on the brothers love hate rivalry doesn't drag on. Its getting old. I worry that it could turn into a McLeod Edwards obsession from the media where they start pin pointing moments in games where they think they refuse to pass to each other.
Was thinking the same .....bit of a novelty to start with, but getting too much attention and can be a distraction to both lads

Let them buckle down without this crap .....Sloane still gets the Batman stories after all these years & this has the potential to be worse :thumbsdown:

Was thinking the same .....bit of a novelty to start with, but getting too much attention and can be a distraction to both lads

Let them buckle down without this crap .....Sloane still gets the Batman stories after all these years & this has the potential to be worse :thumbsdown:

It really does have the potential to be worse and knowing Adelaides media they will do their best to make it happen to sell papers. I can truly imagine in a bad year that the media start playing this card and putting in rumours the brothers aren't talking to each other and the teams unsettled as a result. My gut feel is they have been earmarked already as potential villains and the media are just putting in the ground work.

It really does have the potential to be worse and knowing Adelaides media they will do their best to make it happen to sell papers. I can truly imagine in a bad year that the media start playing this card and putting in rumours the brothers aren't talking to each other and the teams unsettled as a result. My gut feel is they have been earmarked already as potential villains and the media are just putting in the ground work.
They'll be portrayed as Adelaides Cowan Brothers ......not helpful at all

Watching his highlights I'm certain there is nothing wrong with his kicking technique, in fact he has very good technique.

I think some of the poor kicks is probably due to fatigue brought about by the way he plays and his level of fitness.

Following a good pre-season to improve his fitness and some skills work to tidy things up, I reckon in a few seasons we will be talking about how good his disposal by foot actually is.

Loved the Matt Crouch interview last night..
Rowey was asking who was the better cricketer, fisherman etc out of him and Brad
When asked who was the better footy player he said wasn't sure.... Love it

They do months and months of research, and would come to a conclusion of their overall rankings many days before the draft.

I'd take a guess that they'd rank maybe the top 10 in order of the players they expect to be around their first pick.

After that, they might have different players ranked within their positions, and then there'd be a discussion with the coaches and other recruiters as to which direction they take.

I heard Ogilvie talking about this after the draft. He ranked all the likely players to be drafted, starting with Boyd at 1 etc.

By the time it came to our first selection, Ogilvie's first 12 ranked players had been taken. He had Matt Crouch ranked next at 13, which made him a very good get at pick 23 as far as our recruiters were concerned.

Patrick Dangerfield@dangerfield32
2h
First full day for junior. @mcrouch2 and he's asleep already! welcome to the club. #preseason #tired pic.twitter.com/J7pfDvkqcd

BaEbWRlCEAAHKPw.jpg:large

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Dangerfield@dangerfield32
2h
First full day for junior. @mcrouch2 and he's asleep already! welcome to the club. #preseason #tired pic.twitter.com/J7pfDvkqcd

BaEbWRlCEAAHKPw.jpg:large

What i find most interesting about this photo, besides the restrained homoeroticism, is the red folder on the nightstand with the name Matty Crouch on it. I assume that was given to him by the club with a bunch of information about how he's to prepare himself, train, etc etc. Would love to read that.

So what do we think of Matt's first year development in the SANFL? Averaged 32.7 disposals and also managed 7 AFLgames (if he doesn't get selected this week, hope he does)

Can't wait until he gets bigger and has a decent tank, he will be massive for our chances going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back