Rookie 44. Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

peanut......
b5be1447899d1647cf4237982f7d61bb.gif

haha it was a long time ago.

Just had a natural understanding about sport in general I think. You know how some players just read the play so well? They anticipate it 3 seconds quicker than everyone else? That's Matt

He was also so much fitter and stronger than everyone else. His dad was our trainer and was really into fitness so that had an impact on Matt I think, no one could match up with him. It wasn't necessarily elusiveness although he was elusive, but he was so strong thru the core that you just couldn't tackle him.

really appreciate the assessment - most of us know very little about him - you think he can make it at the top level?
Understandably at AFL level everyone is pretty darn good. But I think he definitely has the work ethic and the natural understanding of the game to match it.

I don't quite recall how good his skills were although I think they were pretty good.

I reckon he is a guy that will give it his absolute all and combined with his natural ability it should turn into something, I think no matter what you won't be disappointed because if it doesn't work out it won't be because of lack of effort

I wasn't close with him but he's selfless and a great person

---------

Side note, Jack Silvagni kicked 7 goals in a GF against us back in the day :'(

I know it sounds like he has no weaknesses haha. Size might be the biggest one but 6ft isn't tiny? Depends where you guys use him. Everyone's good at the AFL level so I'm not predicting him to be Gary Ablett or anything just yet but I just feel he has enough about him that he can be something at this level, and then you see how hard he works it's hard not to see him getting the most out of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back