VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

So disappointing. Shaun really doesn't seem to have much luck when things hitherto appear to be working well for him.
This post deserves more credit for use of the word 'hitherto'

Does anyone (other than eth) think we would have won without him on Fri night?

That's how much trouble this hammy will cause.
Even if I agree? I gave him votes.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Lots of moving pieces this week. I get the feeling Clarke will retain his spot.
The only thing that will stop this is James Stewart having a blinder today.
If that occurs he would play forward and Hooker back to help us better deal with Brisbane's tall forwards.
Otherwise it's Hooker in for McKernan.

Re Mutch: Myers will of course come in for Mutch ha ha. Unless Langford has 30+ touches and two goals.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Must have run over some black cats or something.

Is very arguably now a genuinely good AFL key forward but just at the point at which he'd string together the sort of prolonged form, to prove it, he keeps getting injured. Even the stars play a few bad games a year.

Problem is that from what I've seen he's not a good starter because his game is built on confidence. 6-7 weeks means is probably 12-14 before he's back at the level played in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Does anyone (other than eth) think we would have won without him on Fri night?

That's how much trouble this hammy will cause.

Heā€™s enormously important to our structure, especially with Daniher out. Even with Daniher in, McKernan allows him to roam far more.

Itā€™s an absolute campaigner of an injury. I think Hooker may be the one best placed to play the role, though I really want him in defence.

I had SEN in my ears on Fri night, they had Jack Gunston doing special comments. He play with SM at Adelaide and said heā€™s hugely talented but never seems to get a good run at it in terms of fitness, form and selection.

Unfort neither Stewart or Brown can replace him for marking ability.

Watched the highlights again earlier and despite the strapping he was moving well even late in the 4th. No sign of a limp at all. Really bizarre that itā€™s so severe.
He might've got a jab to numb it, or maybe it was a minor strain to begin with but with us already being a rotation down he was forced to play on which made it worse.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Hmm not good. Unless you are Z.Clarke who will probably get another chance.

Is it possible that TBC, Clarke and Draper could all play in the same team?
Not keen on rushing Hooker back.

I had him marked as returning about round 10-12 (round 12 being the bye anyway). Round 10 is really good, about as well as we could have expected with the original diagnosis.

Nope, he'll back back round 10 and re-injure the hamstring and miss the rest of the season with the way we handle injuries.
I was going to say round 13, play after that, and then re-injure to be out for the rest of the season.

Back