VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Really think we are undervaluing his contribution in the ruck by playing Brown ahead of him.
Think we're trying to give Draper senior exposure knowing that McKernan probably plays.

You think they'll go with a Daniher, Brown, Stringer, McKernan forward line?
No, but I also feel that they wanted to only play 2 rucks both games so Smack was going to miss one anyway

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Smack is one of my favourite players, but I get the feeling Brown has edged in front of him during pre-season/JLT because of his tank and versatility. If Brown has another big JLT against the Cats tonight then Smack may have to wait in the wings for a while as you'd think Brown will hold his spot in the 22 for round 1. It could go either way though and Smack's ability to back up Bellcho in the ruck still very important...

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Smack is one of my favourite players, but I get the feeling Brown has edged in front of him during pre-season/JLT because of his tank and versatility. If Brown has another big JLT against the Cats tonight then Smack may have to wait in the wings for a while as you'd think Brown will hold his spot in the 22 for round 1. It could go either way though and Smack's ability to back up Bellcho in the ruck still very important...
With Hooker out there may be room for both Smack and Brown. I prefer him as a forward but they donā€™t seem to mind playing Brown as the third tall defender. Though they could go with Hurley, Hartley and Ambrose as tall defenders.

With Hooker out there may be room for both Smack and Brown. I prefer him as a forward but they donā€™t seem to mind playing Brown as the third tall defender. Though they could go with Hurley, Hartley and Ambrose as tall defenders.
Francis is our 3rd tall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 6, 2008
coburg
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Australian cricket team
As FF? might make our forward line a bit stagnant is all

A bit stagnant? He was our best forward last year. Daniher is a long way off it at the moment, so should be running up the ground getting his mojo back. Yes Smack would make a great team with Stringer, Tippa and Fanta in the forward line with Daniher as CHF and the 6th position either Laverde or a resting mid. We could not play the resting mid if Laverde and Stringer combine to contribute enough minutes between them to be like an extra mid. Also, with Myers and Langford going forward a bit that would make a good group rotating through the forward line.

Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
A bit stagnant? He was our best forward last year. Daniher is a long way off it at the moment, so should be running up the ground getting his mojo back. Yes Smack would make a great team with Stringer, Tippa and Fanta in the forward line with Daniher as CHF and the 6th position either Laverde or a resting mid. We could not play the resting mid if Laverde and Stringer combine to contribute enough minutes between them to be like an extra mid. Also, with Myers and Langford going forward a bit that would make a good group rotating through the forward line.

Tippungwuti McKernan Laverde/mid
Stringer Daniher Fantasia

Sep 12, 2003
under the table
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Looks like your avatar
HOW ******* DARE YOU!
Rik-Mayall-4.jpg

:p