Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Starting 22 R1 next year.
Played great footy this year.
Is the only 2nd ruck we have on the list, excluding Daniher who we don't want to do it.
Is likely to be the only player on our list who can provide adequate cover for TBell as no1 ruck, pending Leuey retirement.
2 years is both deserved and very appropriate.
He played 6 good games this year. Lets not make it out to be a full great season. I have about 8 players as starting 22 next year. This guy isn't one of them.

I honestly hope Stewart smashes preseason and comes in ahead of him.

Having said that glad he got 2 years and hope he smashes his preseason and earns his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Towno78

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
He played 6 good games this year. Lets not make it out to be a full great season. I have about 8 players as starting 22 next year. This guy isn't one of them.

I honestly hope Stewart smashes preseason and comes in ahead of him.

Having said that glad he got 2 years and hope he smashes his preseason and earns his spot.
Well, I didn't say he played a full season, nor anything remotely resembling that, so what's the problem?
It would be great for Stewart to go past him, but he'd need to improve his contested marking and be able to ruck. He'll go past him, certainly not by r1, and 2 years for Smack is no less necessary.

naraku

Senior List
AFL Club
Essendon
Happy for Shaun to be here, I hope he and Stewart really step up over the preseason as the competition between them will only be a good thing for the team.

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
28 year old inconsistent player coming back from a pretty brutal hamstring?

2 years makes absolute no sense unless there was other clubs sniffing around.
Well I’ll ask his Dad next time i speak and see if there were any clubs sniffing around as it were and then I’ll come back to you.

I see where you’re coming from though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Runk

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Not important
Where do we see my boy Shaun this year come round one? His form before his hamstring injury was great, career best in fact, so does he start in the two’s what with everyone back and fit?

Ambrosia

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Where do we see my boy Shaun this year come round one? His form before his hamstring injury was great, career best in fact, so does he start in the two’s what with everyone back and fit?
Starts in the seniors for me as he smashes most sides opposition second ruck and regardless of who you prefer out of Stewart/Mckernan/Brown I think most would agree there isn't a great deal separating them.

vass44

Debutant
AFL Club
Essendon
Starts in the seniors for me as he smashes most sides opposition second ruck and regardless of who you prefer out of Stewart/Mckernan/Brown I think most would agree there isn't a great deal separating them.
I think Stewart is a fair way behind Brown and Smack. I’d say Smack starts round 1 for sure, Brown is a chance to start round 1, Stewart virtually no chance at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
It all depends on preseason form but I think Stewart is 3rd in line based on 2018 form.

Smack gives us a far better 2nd ruck option and allows us to protect Daniher (if he's fit) by not having to play Daniher in the ruck and for that reason gets first crack. Brown doesn't do much wrong when selected however can't play ruck, he's a clear 2nd. Stewart shows glimpses of what he could be but needs to bring it more consistently as well as sort out his goal kicking issues.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Interesting Daniher said in the video on Social media over the weekend that Smack was his standout from Preseason so far. Looks like this bloke could be a late bloomer.

Would love for him to be our Hooker of 2017, he has the ability to kick 40 goals if he plays a full season.

AFL Club
Essendon
It all depends on preseason form but I think Stewart is 3rd in line based on 2018 form.

Smack gives us a far better 2nd ruck option and allows us to protect Daniher (if he's fit) by not having to play Daniher in the ruck and for that reason gets first crack. Brown doesn't do much wrong when selected however can't play ruck, he's a clear 2nd. Stewart shows glimpses of what he could be but needs to bring it more consistently as well as sort out his goal kicking issues.
Agree that on last year’s form Stewart is 3rd in line. However he has more upside than Brown and for the club’s sake I hope he improves and pushes McKernan hard for a spot.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics
Hey guys. How many games are you expecting from this guy this season?

Too much of a punt in an ultimate footy draft league as a forward who gets HOs?
Hard to say - his form prior to injury suggests he'd be considered highly by the club.

Worth noting, he's competing in the same role against James Stewart and Mitch Brown; both of which are worthy for the role too.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Devon Shields **** Yes
Moderator #2,550
Hey guys. How many games are you expecting from this guy this season?

Too much of a punt in an ultimate footy draft league as a forward who gets HOs?
I expect him to play every game. You can't go wrong drafting him. Safe as houses.

Top Bottom