VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game but he does need to stop giving away unnecessary frees...that part is very frustrating at times.

Plays angry, it’s when he’s at his best. Some players need that intensity.

Agree it can hurt us but if it comes wrapped in a game like tonight, you take it.

McKernan has finally found his feet in the AFL. Well, he found it a year or so ago when we dispensed with the stupid ruck thing and played him as a key forward. Hopefully he stays fit because he’s a very capable AFL key forward when he does. Has a bit of forward craft, aggressive and attacks the ball, is a good mark and a pretty good kick.

Huge fan. And I love the big 44. TBell should’ve stuck with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive respect to a guy that has continued to improve his game.

His footy in the last two years has been top notch.

Fitting that he's capped that off as a match winner on a pretty bad night on the eve of finals.

Heart is in mouth until he gets the all clear as a performance as good as that is almost always followed by injury.

Love him, but he’s an odd cat.

Despite being a journeyman who’s taken the long way round he does things very few others can.

If you just saw him jump off both feet, clunk and then lands like a cat and gallop off to either bullet a target up field or launch a goal from 50 you’d think he was an All Australian spearhead and star of the competition.

Despite being a journeyman who’s taken the long way round he does things very few others can.

If you just saw him jump off both feet, clunk and then lands like a cat and gallop off to either bullet a target up field or launch a goal from 50 you’d think he was an All Australian spearhead and star of the competition.

100%

I remember when we first recruited him, there was a highlights video in which he looked like a star.

The temptation was always to wonder "what if?"

Granted we have been very patient with him and injury through 2016 almost ruined his career but he's there.

That right there, is why he's my boy. MINE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back