RearNaked

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
TEAM MIR!!!!!!!!!
Feel like we should just move this to the past player's thread worse league footballer I've seen since steinberg and on par with Courtney johns too

DHepp21

Cancelled
Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Stars, Cavelliers,
Delist. Let's face it, he's not up to AFL standard. He'a a horrible decision maker and he has average skills.

scanlon

Club Legend
Oct 27, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Hope we bring in Michael for him next week. I think theres a lot of potential for him

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
His skills are up to it but he just doesn't try hard enough

It's extraordinary for a guy who is playing for his career.

The intensity that was such a feature of his 2015 has disappeared.

It's so disappointing. He has a lot more to work with than Mitch Brown, for example, but he doesn't apply himself.

Thebisc

Senior List
Jun 13, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Might be suffering from the Malthouse theory of spending too much time in the VFL and that standard has become his limit. Showed glimpses last year but has been putrid this year. Has to go...

Paul_Barnard

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Recruiters should have read the thread on the Adelaide board before picking him up.

I'm sure they all said the same thing.

Saved me from writing an essay. 100% agree.
The inconsistencies we are seeing are exactly the same issues the Crows complained of.
Watch him get dropped this week and be the best on ground by a country mile in the VFL..
Very frustrating..

Paul_Barnard

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
He's a confidence player, and right now he is playing almost completely devoid of it.

Great shame.

I think its more aggression rather than confidence with Smack..
If he has something to prove, which then encourages him to play with a chip on his shoulder type aggression he is very capable.
His form has almost seemed to deteriorate the longer he has spent in the senior side..

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I think its more aggression rather than confidence with Smack..
If he has something to prove, which then encourages him to play aggressively with a chip on his shoulder he is very capable.
His form has almost seemed to deteriorate the longer he has spent in the senior side..

The old too good for VFL but not quite good enough for AFL.

Back