VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a push paid against him at one centre square contest. I didn't really understand it, as his only other options were to let McEvoy knee him in the chest or lie on the ground.

The other free against that I thought was suspect was when he protected the space for a mark on the wing (against Gibson?) that looked clean to me.
Second one he used his body to nudge Gibson out of the way, was definitely clean IMO

Which umpire's misses has he slept with? Gets killed by the umpires for very soft free kicks.

Sometimes I think it's Essendon bias when I can't see why/how he's giving away frees - but Saturday night was enough to prove that wrong. There were a couple that just baffled me.

Plays his best footy in the ruck and not many rucks can kick goals on the run from 50 with the ease he can.

Got his hand to the footy the same amount as Big Boy Mcevoy. Though Joey gave us something up the ground aswell when he went up against Vickery. Glad Woosha hasnt gone big our pressure fwd was ridiculous

He was solid all night I thought watching replay last night.Good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin's a good match up for him this week. Similar sizes, have very similar ruck styles (manhandling) and both good around the ground. It'll be interesting to see how he fares this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back