VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Hooker in the forward line is like a mule with a spinning wheel.

Actually I think it is more his kicking at goal. He knows how to mark it. Just cant always finish it off.

Looks like he is going to get that two year extension, good on him. Really looking forward to him and Joey combination next year. He can go into the ruck, which leaves Joey to do his thing.

Even though we won't see it this year, I think going into the preseason we are going to be pretty excited by what the Daniher/McKernan combo can do on the field. The best part is there is natural synergy in that combination because McKernan is suited to playing closer to goal and does better at wrestling with opponents (more similar to Hooker) and Daniher is better when he can roam a bit.

McKernan will definitely have his contract renewed so at least some good came out of his season even if the ending sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the game Shaun still went around the boundary line, gave out a footy and even stopped for a selfie, all while hobbling around on crutches. Would have been well within his rights to give it a miss, but still went out there and thanked the fans. Further proof that he's a genuine good lad, combined with his turn of form I'm happy for him to get re-signed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back