VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan šŸ“ - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting 22 R1 next year.
Played great footy this year.
Is the only 2nd ruck we have on the list, excluding Daniher who we don't want to do it.
Is likely to be the only player on our list who can provide adequate cover for TBell as no1 ruck, pending Leuey retirement.
2 years is both deserved and very appropriate.

He played 6 good games this year. Lets not make it out to be a full great season. I have about 8 players as starting 22 next year. This guy isn't one of them.

I honestly hope Stewart smashes preseason and comes in ahead of him.

Having said that glad he got 2 years and hope he smashes his preseason and earns his spot.

He played 6 good games this year. Lets not make it out to be a full great season. I have about 8 players as starting 22 next year. This guy isn't one of them.

I honestly hope Stewart smashes preseason and comes in ahead of him.

Having said that glad he got 2 years and hope he smashes his preseason and earns his spot.
Well, I didn't say he played a full season, nor anything remotely resembling that, so what's the problem?
It would be great for Stewart to go past him, but he'd need to improve his contested marking and be able to ruck. He'll go past him, certainly not by r1, and 2 years for Smack is no less necessary.

Happy for Shaun to be here, I hope he and Stewart really step up over the preseason as the competition between them will only be a good thing for the team.

28 year old inconsistent player coming back from a pretty brutal hamstring?

2 years makes absolute no sense unless there was other clubs sniffing around.
Well Iā€™ll ask his Dad next time i speak and see if there were any clubs sniffing around as it were and then Iā€™ll come back to you.

I see where youā€™re coming from though.

Well Iā€™ll ask his Dad next time i speak and see if there were any clubs sniffing around as it were and then Iā€™ll come back to you.

I see where youā€™re coming from though.
Wouldn't stress to much. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I know everyone thought Langers would get most improved but honestly thought Smack would have been right up there too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do we see my boy Shaun this year come round one? His form before his hamstring injury was great, career best in fact, so does he start in the twoā€™s what with everyone back and fit?

Starts in the seniors for me as he smashes most sides opposition second ruck and regardless of who you prefer out of Stewart/Mckernan/Brown I think most would agree there isn't a great deal separating them.

Starts in the seniors for me as he smashes most sides opposition second ruck and regardless of who you prefer out of Stewart/Mckernan/Brown I think most would agree there isn't a great deal separating them.

I think Stewart is a fair way behind Brown and Smack. Iā€™d say Smack starts round 1 for sure, Brown is a chance to start round 1, Stewart virtually no chance at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It all depends on preseason form but I think Stewart is 3rd in line based on 2018 form.

Smack gives us a far better 2nd ruck option and allows us to protect Daniher (if he's fit) by not having to play Daniher in the ruck and for that reason gets first crack. Brown doesn't do much wrong when selected however can't play ruck, he's a clear 2nd. Stewart shows glimpses of what he could be but needs to bring it more consistently as well as sort out his goal kicking issues.

It all depends on preseason form but I think Stewart is 3rd in line based on 2018 form.

Smack gives us a far better 2nd ruck option and allows us to protect Daniher (if he's fit) by not having to play Daniher in the ruck and for that reason gets first crack. Brown doesn't do much wrong when selected however can't play ruck, he's a clear 2nd. Stewart shows glimpses of what he could be but needs to bring it more consistently as well as sort out his goal kicking issues.
Agree that on last yearā€™s form Stewart is 3rd in line. However he has more upside than Brown and for the clubā€™s sake I hope he improves and pushes McKernan hard for a spot.

Hey guys. How many games are you expecting from this guy this season?

Too much of a punt in an ultimate footy draft league as a forward who gets HOs?

Hey guys. How many games are you expecting from this guy this season?

Too much of a punt in an ultimate footy draft league as a forward who gets HOs?
Hard to say - his form prior to injury suggests he'd be considered highly by the club.

Worth noting, he's competing in the same role against James Stewart and Mitch Brown; both of which are worthy for the role too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back