Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, this bloke got a really good mention from Hardwick on SEN. Hardwick said Stack has been going through the midfield at the lower level and has looked very exciting, very much like Bolton, and they would love to get him back into the side at some stage. He also mentioned Dow and Collier-Dawkins and said they will get an opportunity at some stage. Wondering if we may see Sydney again this week....
As crap as he played in the first few weeks I'd love to see him in.

Has unbelievable talent.

OK, this bloke got a really good mention from Hardwick on SEN. Hardwick said Stack has been going through the midfield at the lower level and has looked very exciting, very much like Bolton, and they would love to get him back into the side at some stage. He also mentioned Dow and Collier-Dawkins and said they will get an opportunity at some stage. Wondering if we may see Sydney again this week....
what lower level ? lol

Sounds bit like it.... joining the dots!

what lower level ? lol

There have been slightly better than scratch matches for the remaining players against the opposing side's remaining players. Assume they are still happening.....is that correct Kiwi Tiger?

I've always been a massive supporter of Stacky, particular the game against the Hawks where he tried but was a bit fumbly. I reckon this board went over and piled on him unfairly.

However, his last game in the yellow and black was a disgrace. I don't know if he was sick or injured but I haven't seen such a poor effort from a Tigers player in many years. He looked completely disinterested and some of his efforts were horrible.

If he's coming back into the team, I hope he's prepared to play in the right spirit again.

I think he's the type of guy that will respond well to being dropped and a kick up the arse

I think he's the type of guy that will respond well to being dropped and a kick up the arse
what makes you say that?
all ive seen from the bloke since last season is tiktoks, shitty rap videos and pink hair.

what makes you say that?
all ive seen from the bloke since last season is tiktoks, shitty rap videos and pink hair.
I'm guessing that's because towards the end of last year he just had everyone telling him how good he is. He won best first year player at the club, got a lot of media interviews and attention, almost won rising star. Seemed to play the first few weeks this year very soft.

Now at least he has been shown how easily he can lose his spot and he's gotta prove to everyone he's good again. If he comes back again I think he'll have a harder crack.

I'm guessing that's because towards the end of last year he just had everyone telling him how good he is. He won best first year player at the club, got a lot of media interviews and attention, almost won rising star. Seemed to play the first few weeks this year very soft.

Now at least he has been shown how easily he can lose his spot and he's gotta prove to everyone he's good again. If he comes back again I think he'll have a harder crack.
i hope he does mate, been way off it as you mentioned this year.

I've always been a massive supporter of Stacky, particular the game against the Hawks where he tried but was a bit fumbly. I reckon this board went over and piled on him unfairly.

However, his last game in the yellow and black was a disgrace. I don't know if he was sick or injured but I haven't seen such a poor effort from a Tigers player in many years. He looked completely disinterested and some of his efforts were horrible.

If he's coming back into the team, I hope he's prepared to play in the right spirit again.
Too many frothies in the off season

Not sure what's the story with him did he take the pedal off or is it second year blues. Talented no question about it ,but he needs to work hard because we seen so many players delisted with quality before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what's the story with him did he take the pedal off or is it second year blues. Talented no question about it ,but he needs to work hard because we seen so many players delisted with quality before.
Stack played one game as a small fwd when oppo clubs had 75,000 players flooding back there so it's impossible for smalls to play well. Stack had a good game against hawthorn, in the backline, few clangers but good footy too. Then vs the Saints it was just poor football from Stack.
The kid can play and will be a solid contributor for a long time. But I am glad Simms is playing Naish this week and I hope we see some debuts from RCD and others.

Dimma in a press conference last week said about Stack that he's working on a few things we(they) want him to work on, he'll work through those and be back, we're big fans of the way he plays the game

Hopefully this game kick starts his season. Attacked it with intent and was clean which is something you couldn't say about his games this season. Is essentially playing the role that Graham often plays as the high half forward who moves into the middle when Dusty pushes forward, although Dusty has spent more time through the middle since Graham went out of the team and Stack come in.

Played well, some great handballs.

Would probably still have to go up a gear to hold his spot when the guns are back

30F42CFB-E536-45EC-A425-5B800C1460CE.jpeg

I can’t take this guy seriously.

Someone explain to me why it is in any way acceptable for a player to walk out for a kick on the ground wearing Converse Chuck Taylors...

View attachment 938575

I can’t take this guy seriously.

Someone explain to me why it is in any way acceptable for a player to walk out for a kick on the ground wearing Converse Chuck Taylors...
Really? are you taking the piss?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back