Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

He's playing pretty poorly at the moment. He has bursts of OK-ness (like Rioli, really), then goes missing and also has some average bits of play.

Hopefully he can get his... desire (?) back.

Sydney Stack is poised to make his long-awaited return to competitive football this week with the Richmond defender set to line up in the Tigers’ VFL opener against Sandringham at Punt Road on Friday.

Stack hasn’t played since being suspended early last September for breaches of the AFL’s hub protocols. Both Stack and teammate Callum Coleman-Jones were sent home and banned for 10 matches following their infamous night out on the Gold Coast, but those suspensions have been served and both are eligible to play in the VFL or AFL this week.

Sydney Stack is poised to make his long-awaited return to competitive football this week with the Richmond defender set to line up in the Tigers’ VFL opener against Sandringham at Punt Road on Friday.

Stack hasn’t played since being suspended early last September for breaches of the AFL’s hub protocols. Both Stack and teammate Callum Coleman-Jones were sent home and banned for 10 matches following their infamous night out on the Gold Coast, but those suspensions have been served and both are eligible to play in the VFL or AFL this week.

Probably also worth highlighting this part of the article as well

“From my understanding he’ll most likely play some VFL time this week,” Richmond VFL coach Xavier Clarke said on Monday.

“He’s not too far away. He’s come back in reasonably good nick, credit to him. We’re confident with the training he’s done over the last two or three weeks since he’s been back that we’ll be able to get some minutes into him at some point this weekend.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My impression was naturally a fair way off his best touch wise and fitness wise, but 6-8 weeks he could be in decent shape.
I expect it would be the last time he can afford to come back unfit, has had a few chances without showing much since his first year.

Really hoping he can turn it around and became a professional footballer.

I expect it would be the last time he can afford to come back unfit, has had a few chances without showing much since his first year.

I would say he is only playing to get some touch. He didn’t look badly out of shape just nowhere near AFL level fitness. So I suspect they pump the miles into him on the track and keep playing him from the goal square until he gets to a reasonable level of running capacity. He doesn’t look woefully out of shape, just not near AFL level fitness for now.

Don’t know if they get a lot of distance running in prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back