Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

don't think stack plays next week, but he should be close by now
Will be telling over the next few rounds if we don’t see him at least sneak into the emergency’s for games
No reason why his tank wouldn’t be up to scratch at this point unless he hasn’t been putting in the work

don't think stack plays next week, but he should be close by now

Not sure he has been getting any suitable game time with Covid lockdown and no VFL. These players will be short of a run unless they are getting some quality scratch matches

He wasnt last time he played

the more stack stays out of the team the better he becomes
great 1st year but sfa after that
It's only been a half year last and yes he was crap but Covid has had a fair sway on his career. You make it sound longer.
There's a bit of cat on a hot tin roof with Stack, must be playing footy/in the footy environment or perhaps gets distracted.
The last 3 week must have been really hard for those young blokes pressing for a spot. And there are spots available.

Could someone give me an update on where Sydney is at with footy?
Is his time in the yellow and black coming to an end? Has he shown much since returning from suspension? Is he anywhere near the player we watched burst on the scene in 2019?

Is his time in the yellow and black coming to an end? Has he shown much since returning from suspension? Is he anywhere near the player we watched burst on the scene in 2019?
Spent the most part of the year building his fitness base after a bad off

Played mostly forward in the VFL with a few stints in the midfield
Last few weeks he’s been shifted back to the backline

Fitness seems to be at the required level, he’s still impacting contests now maybe one or two more weeks in the vfl backline learning the setups before possibly putting his hand up for selection but due to our injurys down back he might be able to come in earlier if he applys himself

Great post. Stack is a diamond. And like some diamonds you have to polish off the rough edges, put in a lot of time and effort and if you do, it just might you get a real beauty.

Apart from Shai this guy is the most talented kid we have on our list by a fair way. Go back and take a look at his highlights package in those first 26 games. No he isn't perfect as a footballer or as a person (name one who is) but geez this kid can seriously play. Over the ground, in the air, lightning quick, highly skilled on both sides and hard as nails. He can also play forward, defence and mid, fully fit. Oh and he's already kicked four in a game so he has an eye for goal.

Stacky was born to play football.

Who wants to see him fail and go back to who knows what. Mediocrity? Worse. We've seen those stories too often before...

I love that our club has stuck by him all the way. He may fail but he shouldn't fail because we didn't give him every chance. He's a top 5 pick type player sitting in our twos. Let that sink in.

Surely, after three flags in four years and gearing up to go again this year, we have the luxury of all the patience in the world to help Sydney Stack reach his full potential.

Like creating a diamond, it can take a few (thousand) years. But you have to leave no stone unturned and take the time to polish him into an absolute gem.
Great post mate. Absolutely agree that stacky is absolutely a diamond in the rough and cannot wait for him to fulfill his potential...that and the fact I have a stack hat t shirt sitting in my cupboard that I cannot wait to dust off and wear to a home game..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard that he has been told that he won't be getting a game this season and use this time to get himself right physically and mentally.
This was pre all of our injuries so anything could change.

I heard that he has been told that he won't be getting a game this season and use this time to get himself right physically and mentally.
This was pre all of our injuries so anything could change.
WT actual F. If that is true I think that is one of the stupidest things you could ever do to a bloke who is trying to break back in to the side...a complete motivation killer.

Disagree. He owes us after last year. He cost us an assistant coach FFS.
Did he do the wrong thing. Yep. I just don't agree with putting a line through a bloke and telling him so. How do you think he should repay the club? Wouldn't working your ringnoff and being match ready for when we have injuries be a better way of repaying the club?

Did he do the wrong thing. Yep. I just don't agree with putting a line through a bloke and telling him so. How do you think he should repay the club? Wouldn't working your ringnoff and being match ready for when we have injuries be a better way of repaying the club?
Im constantly hearing he isn't fit enough. So maybe he hasn't been working his ring off?

Wasn’t just him. Why doesn’t anyone get stuck into CCJ?
I'm not naive enough to think he wasn't the instigator. Who else is to blame for him skipping out of quarantine? He's ****ed up too many times.

Im constantly hearing he isn't fit enough. So maybe he hasn't been working his ring off?
Not saying he has or hasn't worked hard enough but I am just saying if the messaging he is getting is it doesn't matter how hard he works he won't get a game this year I am not sure it will work...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back