Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I being too cynical to worry that all this media attention is not a great thing this early on in his career?

Like I'm sure he's in a great headspace right now, but eventually it will die off, he might have some poor games, and the grind sets in, etc...

I guess that is no different to what every player will go through at some stage and I should just back the club in. Something about it though doesn't sit quite right with me. Like even the headline of that Ralph article, Stack's rise to 'afl stardom'... give me a break, he's played a handful of games, he's a mile off 'stardom' yet.

Am I being too cynical to worry that all this media attention is not a great thing this early on in his career?

Like I'm sure he's in a great headspace right now, but eventually it will die off, he might have some poor games, and the grind sets in, etc...

I guess that is no different to what every player will go through at some stage and I should just back the club in. Something about it though doesn't sit quite right with me. Like even the headline of that Ralph article, Stack's rise to 'afl stardom'... give me a break, he's played a handful of games, he's a mile off 'stardom' yet.
It's the way he has played those handful of games! Star!!!

Thanks Joelsyt for putting this up so we could read such a well written article, what a credit to Sydney to stand strong when things were crashing down around him and to Paul Peos and Brear for sticking by him and showing him real friendship and loyalty.Also for Richmond, Dimma and Xavier for doing the same,genuine people showing him and teaching the every meaning of the word ( loyalty) for which i am positive he will return to his tiger family in spades. Sydney deserves all the success and accolades that the football public is showering upon him,well done
He does deserve all the success and accolades he will undoubtedly receive over the years. He’s a wonderful player and I’m just grateful it’s us Richmond supporters that get to see closely just how talented he is.

Thanks Tiger_Of_Old for copying the article into the thread. I didn’t have a clue how to do it.

He’s confident and I imagine he may have a little bit of an ego, you know he knows how good he is, that sort of thing. However he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is well grounded. He’s having fun but I’m sure he’s aware it’s not always going to be like this, I bet he’s well-prepared for the down times should (when) they happen.

He’s confident and I imagine he may have a little bit of an ego, you know he knows how good he is, that sort of thing. However he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is well grounded. He’s having fun but I’m sure he’s aware it’s not always going to be like this, I bet he’s well-prepared for the down times should (when) they happen.

That's the thing about our club. We value all sorts of personalities.

Get to the back of the line.

He does deserve all the success and accolades he will undoubtedly receive over the years. He’s a wonderful player and I’m just grateful it’s us Richmond supporters that get to see closely just how talented he is.

Thanks Tiger_Of_Old for copying the article into the thread. I didn’t have a clue how to do it.
No Problems.

"he and cousin Ian “Bobby” Hill, now a GWS player"

Well everything we have heard prior to the draft was that we were intending on drafting Hill until RCD slid to our selection , Could it be that in 18 months time Bobby Hill wants to join his cousin at the Richmond football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stack is made of the tuff stuff,vomitting 4 times and keeps on training,unbelievable these players today like Castagna doing chin ups with 2 25kg weights attached to his waist.

Ole Captain Blood and Tommy Hafey would be proud so would Maurice.

All to win us bastards drinking in the stands a premiership.

Glorious bastards! Love you.

Stack is made of the tuff stuff,vomitting 4 times and keeps on training,unbeliable these players today like Castagna doing chinups with 2 25kg weights attached to his waist.

Ole Captain Blood and Tommy Hafey would be proud so would Maurice.

Should attach them to his feet to straighten them out, Might help his kicking

Have not seen anything like that in a long time! Far out... I loved every second of it.
First thing i said
Best on tomorroq night

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Whats probably been lost in the Sydney Stack article is the work of Blair Hartley.

Don't think I've ever seen a recruiter go from boiled lollies (as he was in the eyes of some Tiger fans) to Swiss chocolate quite like Blair has. He has really found our great club some absolute gems.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back