Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I being too cynical to worry that all this media attention is not a great thing this early on in his career?

Like I'm sure he's in a great headspace right now, but eventually it will die off, he might have some poor games, and the grind sets in, etc...

I guess that is no different to what every player will go through at some stage and I should just back the club in. Something about it though doesn't sit quite right with me. Like even the headline of that Ralph article, Stack's rise to 'afl stardom'... give me a break, he's played a handful of games, he's a mile off 'stardom' yet.

Don’t be a Debbie Downer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardwick gave him the biggest spray at training and was going off his head and stuck his pointing finger right into stacks chest, kid looked rattled
Yes he needs to get his head pulled in last thing I want is him getting ahead of himself tough love from dimma

Late to come out to training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"he and cousin Ian “Bobby” Hill, now a GWS player"

Well everything we have heard prior to the draft was that we were intending on drafting Hill until RCD slid to our selection , Could it be that in 18 months time Bobby Hill wants to join his cousin at the Richmond football club.
Can only hope so

that's a very uncharastic action from Dimma

Must be more to it I reckon

Concerning or happens all the time?

They said he was late onto the track? if thats the case good on dimma for giving it to him, nip it in the bud to make sure it doesnt happen again(being late for training was what got him suspended in WA). I saw in the press conference the other day a reporter asked dimma if stack was showing nerves or asked him for any advice pre dreamtime and he replied with a sigh and shake of the head "nah, I wish he did" Reckon he was just waiting to chop him down - all coaches do this to kids/players with heaps of swagger who probably dont have the runs on the board. Clarko was all over buddy for the first few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back