Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Just been thinking about who would be the best comparison of the player that Stack would be most likely become all things going well

Kerr was my thoughts and i know after the hit on viney we all talked about a pickett resemblance but i think he is a bit more classy than what pickett was

So who is the best comparison

Just been thinking about who would be the best comparison of the player that Stack would be most likely become all things going well

Kerr was my thoughts and i know after the hit on viney we all talked about a pickett resemblance but i think he is a bit more classy than what pickett was

hes a mix of Jesus and Zeus imo

Nah was tagged to easily and never got a touch after getting pinned

he was prone to the odd game getting tagged out of it, but imo was carrying injuries some of those games

didnt have his usual explosiveness

So far a cross between Wirrpunda and Wanganeen with Picketts ability to hit hard.
He has Wirrpunda's ability to weave through traffic and pick the right option time and again coming out of defence.
His reading of the play in the air and intercept marking reminds me of wanganeen.

If he can be as good as either of them in his career, he'll be a champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon if we get Short and Houli into the backline, we might try Stack forward?

I'd actually go the other way and play short forward and leave Stack in the backline.

Stack is a lot better defensively than Short, we shouldn't compromise that.

Short could be a weapon at HF with 65m kicks inside 50 nice and quick.

I'd actually go the other way and play short forward and leave Stack in the backline.

Stack is a lot better defensively than Short, we shouldn't compromise that.

Short could be a weapon at HF with 65m kicks inside 50 nice and quick.
Agree. Short played forward when he first came into the side in 16

Interesting, short gave us the mst gained metres so I don’t think they’ll be keen on losing that but houli been playing so well and obviously stack too. Going to be tight.

I have to admit Liam Baker is yet to convince me.

He has done some nice things. Appears to have nice hands, and can be handy linking with other players. But really in the context of output it simply is not enough. If he kept on doing what he is doing to me, he is a passenger especially if the teams style gets tweaked

But to me he seems a Clayton's forward who simply does not kick the goals he is supposed to as a forward and really is too small as a mid.

I would maybe give him another year as a rookie and see if he can develop but really I am see glass halve empty atm.

For example if Pickett lives up to the hype he should go past him first game!!

For me he simply is not a good enough mark because he is too small and not a good enough kick for goal either. I would give someone like Bolton a go!!

I am not sure what Baker is supposed to do to make a significant contribution to the team to be honest!! Is Baker there for ground ball creativity??? If he is are we really saying our wings and other players in other areas need to improve in this area?
Maybe you're getting him confused with someone else!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back