Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Its funny how people see things differently.
For me Caddy is one of the bigger disappointments at the club.Just my opinion but Caddy is taking a spot on the wing away from other players who are more suited to the role.Imo we have invented roles for him because he has been poor at what we got him for.
Could not disagree any more. Plays his role, makes great decisions when he has the ball and adds real toughness/hardness to the side. You’re a ridiculously hard marker Mate. Caddy is a very solid and tough footballer who is a good kick of the footy

Could not disagree any more. Plays his role, makes great decisions when he has the ball and adds real toughness/hardness to the side. You’re a ridiculously hard marker Mate. Caddy is a very solid and tough footballer who is a good kick of the footy
Agree with this. Add to the fact that he almost never loses a one-on-one contest, be that in the air or on the ground. I get Mopsy's point to a degree, if we had Sydney Stack on the wing we wouldn't need Caddy out there, because he is so suited to the role. But given our wings have been patrolled by Ellis and MacIntosh (who is a similar type toCaddy), Caddy is a big upgrade. Plus he will have a preseason suited to playing the wing so will drop a kg or 2.

Caddy’s by no means a disappointment however his ranking in the team has slipped and his spot would be vulnerable if he wasn’t at least 90%. There is so many coming through we could use on the wing . His size does provide some versatility , I saw his new role as the grigg go to man replacement , did it well

Caddy’s by no means a disappointment however his ranking in the team has slipped and his spot would be vulnerable if he wasn’t at least 90%. There is so many coming through we could use on the wing . His size does provide some versatility , I saw his new role as the grigg go to man replacement , did it well
I'm not completely sold with Caddy on the wing...but the side is currently so good that he has strangely become a weapon out there...wtf?!?

Its funny how people see things differently.
For me Caddy is one of the bigger disappointments at the club.Just my opinion but Caddy is taking a spot on the wing away from other players who are more suited to the role.Imo we have invented roles for him because he has been poor at what we got him for.

Agree to disagree.

But re-watch the finals and see how Caddy dominated his wing. He's definitely not the running machine you traditionally think of a wing. He almost played a quarterback style of game. Along with a lot of physicality, which you don't see in wings. I reckon we adjusted how the team plays to fit him into the wing. But what we got was a guy that rag dolled traditional wings, and set up a lot of our goals. And then added a nasty physical aggression to the team. I love what he did. But there is no way he is a good traditional wing. he's something else playing the same space on the ground.

No doubt he has not cemented his spot on the wing, but he is such a good all round footballer that he should be playing somewhere. I think he could also play half back, quite similar to Vlaustin, strong overhead, good on the ground, don't lose contests, good kicks, good in traffic. Could replace if injury hits.

No doubt he has not cemented his spot on the wing, but he is such a good all round footballer that he should be playing somewhere. I think he could also play half back, quite similar to Vlaustin, strong overhead, good on the ground, don't lose contests, good kicks, good in traffic. Could replace if injury hits.

prefer him up forward but he really is that all rounder you want on the ground regardless of position isn’t he

Richmond football team with Josh Caddy in it is better than with him out of it , Caddy is a strong player that wins his position and is a strong leader
He is not a running wingman like Ellis or even McIntosh but more like a Grigg type smart player that also can rotate through the midfield and provide strong depth.

Caddy is one of those players that is a major irritant both off and on the ball...

biggest campaigner in our side right now and I love it

Malays flys the flag and gives a little bit of lip

watch the final vs geelong and watch him get stuck into that kid with the dradlocks after he took a few cheap dives
He was dominating the game earlier on but once Caddy and got under his skin he went into his shell

biggest campaigner in our side right now and I love it

Malays flys the flag and gives a little bit of lip

watch the final vs geelong and watch him get stuck into that kid with the dradlocks after he took a few cheap dives
He was dominating the game earlier on but once Caddy and got under his skin he went into his shell

This is the thing I love about him the most.
He is the on field lippy campaigner that all great teams have. Really mentally attack the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caddy’s a good player but hey this thread is all about Stacky

Looking forward to him playing mid/forward this year and along with Rance will be one of the reasons we’ll be even better than 2019

The upside on Stack is amazing. I wonder if they are looking to move him more into the midfield. Rance changes the backline space. Marlion the midfield space. + Higgo coming back. He's way too good not to be played. But he'll have to turn it on to get that spot.

The upside on Stack is amazing. I wonder if they are looking to move him more into the midfield. Rance changes the backline space. Marlion the midfield space. + Higgo coming back. He's way too good not to be played. But he'll have to turn it on to get that spot.
Good thing is anyone hoping to make this side will need to be cherry-ripe.

Good thing is anyone hoping to make this side will need to be cherry-ripe.

I sit there and think our GF side was great. Then I think - add Graham, Stack, Ross, Trossman, Higgo, KMac.

Doesn't all fit in. We've lost BEllis. But our replacement is likely to be better.

And if Naish, Balta, CCJ, Turner, Chol etc keep developing then our VFL team will be 1/2 of a good AFL team.

I reckon Sydney Stack is about the best of the non-GF players (excepting Rance of course). But guys like Graham aren't marginal AFL players.

With all of the things we Tigers have to look forward to in 2020, a post full pre-season Sydney Stack has me most excited.

Oh - a couple more...

& Jack Ross in his second year

& Alex Rance returning to just drift around the back half and command

& Tim Lunch winning the coleman after a proper pre-season and with last year under his belt

& Marlion Picket - just cruising around the field with sublime touches

Stack's first year was quite ridiculous. I think his ceiling depends on whether he has the ability to put a bit of size on. Doesn't have to be a heavyweight but with added size and strength to go with his skillset he'd be unstoppable. Worst case scenario he's a very handy footballer.

Agree Walsh is a fine player, but he is exactly what you see is what you get. He's an accumulator, he will run hard, he will get a lot of ball and he will use it well. Carlton have nailed it because they will get 200+ games and 10+ years of consistent, quality football. But Walsh has a ceiling, he doesn't light up the game like the very, very best do, and he doesn't have that intangible talent to go beyond and do things that others can't.

Stack is doing things only a few players can do, he is easily the biggest potential of any first year player at the club since young Dusty.

Watch the below highlight reel and you can see his insane ability. It's ridiculous for a first year player.

Thanks for posting this juss I didn't realise that Stacky had produced that many highlights......DELICIOUS !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back