YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
That Walsh kid goes okay :straining:
Agreed, but Walsh doesn't take hangers, dish out the aggro (fair and square) and move like Jagger.

Also costs peanuts (relatively).

It's amazing really how two such brilliant footballers could be so different in almost every aspect.

Help Sydney deal with his baggage, much of which isn't actually his fault and we have a gun player right in the palm of our hand.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Ha! That's crap. Walsh is already a ******* star. Then there's the King brothers, Butters, Baily Smith, Rozee....

I rate Stack but let's not go overboard.
Perhaps some have forgotten. Take a look at Sydney's 2019 season highlights and it stacks up against just about any of these. He's a threat on the ground, in the air and oozes XFactor and has a little bit of the Byron Pickett whispering death about him if you don't see him coming. Some of these are good in the air, some are good on the ground and some have XFactor but I'd say Sydney is the only one with all three.

PLUS he's the only one who can play all three areas of the ground extremely effectively. He has the most natural talent and he's the most versatile. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Perhaps some have forgotten. Take a look at Sydney's 2019 season highlights and it stacks up against just about any of these. He's a threat on the ground, in the air and oozes XFactor and has a little bit of the Byron Pickett whispering death about him if you don't see him coming. Some of these are good in the air, some are good on the ground and some have XFactor but I'd say Sydney is the only one with all three.

PLUS he's the only one who can play all three areas of the ground extremely effectively. He has the most natural talent and he's the most versatile. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Most players wouldn't have a highlights package like that in their careers much less 13 weeks. Have said from day one he is a star and the one best natural footballing talent I have seen walk through the doors at Richmond.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Stack doesn't need any threats or discipline, he just needs a stable lifestyle.
they are not threats... they are just a reality for him.

Plenty of players who haven't stuffed up would have clauses around off season training and coming back in shape.

And the incentive is, if you don't screw up, then there's nothing to worry about, you get paid exactly like you should, but if you screw up, sadly, it's going to hit your hip pocket....

Think os it like a Sales Rep, you get a base wage, there is a bonus/incentive scheme, pretty easy to achieve, you do that, you get the bonus payment, you don't do the basics etc, you don't get the bonus...

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
It's not a threat it's an incentive.

Hes had two off seasons and let himself and the club down massively both times.
This is it... if he was smart, he would look to move in with an older player from the club for 3-4 months....

Funnily enough, I reckon living with the Grimes household would be good for him...

Grimes will keep him in shape etc, look after him, still be able to have a beer, but not get into any trouble...

And I would love to see Stack work on the winery at the same time, another job to keep him busy/occupied but also show him a commitment outside of footy.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
It's not a threat it's an incentive.

Hes had two off seasons and let himself and the club down massively both times.
This is it... if he was smart, he would look to move in with an older player from the club for 3-4 months....

Funnily enough, I reckon living with the Grimes household would be good for him...

Grimes will keep him in shape etc, look after him, still be able to have a beer, but not get into any trouble...

And I would love to see Stack work on the winery at the same time, another job to keep him busy/occupied but also show him a commitment outside of footy.
It's no good because he will probably stuff again as would most people with his upbringing.
The club know that and are now reaping the awards.

Feb 25, 2007
FNQ
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope we can keep Stack and very much hope he realises his enormous potential, he's a huge talent with lots to love about his football, but before people get too carried away with fat contracts over large number of years, let's take into account the fact that he was very much starring against a couple of VFL level opponents on the weekend.

He played an exceptional game, but he's still got loads of work to do putting runs on the board in the areas of consistency and commitment before he's considered guaranteed best-22, let alone amongst our best players deserving of the best contracts.

At this point, last game included, he's still in the 'enormous potential' stage of his career - where he's sat for years.

A full pre-season where he really puts in, leading to the season we all know he's capable of next year, then some of the potential can start being translated into bankable achievements which deserve contract rewards.

Starring against nobodies on home soil in a block of games which have been pretty average overall doesn't qualify as a 'bankable achievement' for me, let's see how the rest of the season goes for starters.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
It's no good because he will probably stuff again as would most people with his upbringing.
The club know that and are now reaping the awards.

I'm not dismissing his upbringing, and that upbringing may be a reason , but it is no longer an excuse...

If he stuffs up a third time, it would be and should be the exact reason the club don't offer him a long term deal.

As an adult, which he is now, he has to understand the faith the club have put into him, and begin to repay the faith.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond

I don't think those two would get along , they are exact opposites.
He should have stayed with Monique Conti.
Maybe he can live with RCD who has two mothers then they can have one mum each.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not dismissing his upbringing, and that upbringing may be a reason , but it is no longer an excuse...

If he stuffs up a third time, it would be and should be the exact reason the club don't offer him a long term deal.

As an adult, which he is now, he has to understand the faith the club have put into him, and begin to repay the faith.
It's not an excuse, it's a reality .

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I don't think those two would get along , they are exact opposites.
He should have stayed with Monique Conti.
Maybe he can live with RCD who has RCD then they can have one mum each.
It's the opposite for a reason. If he needs to learn new (and better) behaviours, he can't keep hanging with the same crew all the time.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result = definition of insanity...

The opposite and positive traits are exactly what he needs.
It's not an excuse, it's a reality .

The reality is, he has a choice to change. Is it easy because of his upbringing... no it isn't, but when you are in a position he is, a well paid young man with plenty of choices, the reality becomes exactly what you choose... You choose to make the same mistakes, then those mistake stay your reality, you choose to make changes (for the good), then your improved outcome becomes your reality.

Using things as reasons for your choices is exactly what an EXCUSE is.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
It's the opposite for a reason. If he needs to learn new (and better) behaviours, he can't keep hanging with the same crew all the time.

Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result = definition of insanity...

The opposite and positive traits are exactly what he needs.

The reality is, he has a choice to change. Is it easy because of his upbringing... no it isn't, but when you are in a position he is, a well paid young man with plenty of choices, the reality becomes exactly what you choose... You choose to make the same mistakes, then those mistake stay your reality, you choose to make changes (for the good), then your improved outcome becomes your reality.

Using things as reasons for your choices is exactly what an EXCUSE is.
I don't think you get it, he's damaged from growing up on the streets and has mental issues.
He's come back from oblivion and dominated an AFL game last week which shows his dedication to the club and great fortitude.
You just have to back him in with no strings attached and hope he stays at Richmond because he's going to be a superstar and an inspiration to other Indigenous youth.

Back