Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

I am with you on defending people’s right to have an opinion. I am just curious what part of any of my posts made you think I would deny others an opinion on this. I am more from the school of thought that says have an opinion but own it, and if you are shown to be wrong, own that too.

It is fine to be wrong mate. We all have to adjust our views as new evidence comes to light.

What you have actually shown with the highlighted part of your post above is you are open to adjusting your view on Stack according to any new evidence that arises, having already shifted your position from “sack him” to “now unsure, want further evidence.” Let’s hope others follow your example in being open minded about Stack.

But, you know, this goes for the other side of the argument as well, we also need to be open to events showing our position was wrong. For now at least it appears he is on a good track, and every good game of footy he plays is further evidence the club made the right choice. I is also fine for you to acknowledge that. 😁

Regardless of all that, lets shake hands and move on. You can buy the first round for being a twat ;)

I think at this point, Sydney deserves some credit. Yes he still has a long way to go, which Dimma acknowledged last week but he came back to the club, put his head down and got himself fit and is now showing what he can do. I've said before here he's perhaps the third or fourth most naturally talented player on our list behind Dusty, Shai, Shedda...

Clearly his upbringing has been unconventional and perhaps worse that that to put it mildly, however that's not really any of our business. Sydney obviously needs community and for his community to put their arms around him, provide discipline and structure...and clearly, given that he could thrive. It's when you cut someone loose, sever ties that they're more inclined to fail.

It's pretty clear what he needs going forward, support. He's immature in his personal development, but extremely mature on the football field and just brims with assuredness and skill, plus he has that bit of a mean streak we all love. Sydney needs football and I believe football needs the Sydney Stacks of the world. What's better than a story of redemption ?

Right here, right now he's done everything asked of him and if Richmond continue to support him as he matures off the field, we have a budding champ right in the palm of our hand.

If you don't feel the need to support him or are still skeptical, that's ok too. But I know which side of the coin is more fun when it comes to Sydney Stack and I'm in his corner because this kid could be anything.

Last edited:

And it goes on, everyone with an opinion about Stack, yet none of us know him and have no idea about his motivation, maturity etc because it is all expressed from a bias point of view, your own. Fact is none of know squat. So give the character analysis a break, we had 200 pages of it, and just post about his footy, it's a tad more interesting.

That hate for Stack from you is strong and disappointing
I actually dont hate stack and really like him as a player
If you go back a few pages to after the freo game i was a big fan of his game

Its not hate its actually disappointment that he is not making the most of his talent and ability
I rate him extremely highly in the Shai Bolton range

I actually dont hate stack and really like him as a player
If you go back a few pages to after the freo game i was a big fan of his game

Its not hate its actually disappointment that he is not making the most of his talent and ability
I rate him extremely highly in the Shai Bolton range
How the hell is he not making the most of his ability. He is playing good footy right now, our best player two weeks ago, what more do you want, an apology for messing up the early part of the season. Let it go.

How the hell is he not making the most of his ability. He is playing good footy right now, our best player two weeks ago, what more do you want, an apology for messing up the early part of the season. Let it go.
My disappointment with him is more to do with his inability to maintain a professional level of fitness on a regular basis
after his 1st year he comes back unfit , Has the kebab gate issue and gets shipped out and comes back in pathetic condition unable to even keep up with the last runners at the club.

Even after he was released from jail in WA he had to go though an intense training regime to get back to fitness
The kid just doesnt have the work ethic away from the club and that is extremely disappointing

Its nothing about his football ability which you are missing
Work ethic application and attitude

Stack is growing up, a fairy hard way. He's certainly learnt how fragile his AFL career is. And how hard he has to work to have that career.

If he is ambitious, which he looks to be, he now knows how hard he has to work to get fit and stay fit. If he can develop from here he should become a inside outside mid. Which could leave us with an insane amount of young midfield talent. Just stay on the straight and narrow and he'll be star.

My disappointment with him is more to do with his inability to maintain a professional level of fitness on a regular basis
after his 1st year he comes back unfit , Has the kebab gate issue and gets shipped out and comes back in pathetic condition unable to even keep up with the last runners at the club.

Even after he was released from jail in WA he had to go though an intense training regime to get back to fitness
The kid just doesnt have the work ethic away from the club and that is extremely disappointing

You don't say, we talked about this all summer until about March. We all know how he disappointed people. He's edging into our best players now, so why dredge up the past or hypothesis the future. How the hell do you know what his work ethic is right now, which is all that is important.

You don't say, we talked about this all summer until about March. We all know how he disappointed people. He's edging into our best players now, so why dredge up the past or hypothesis the future. How the hell do you know what his work ethic is right now, which is all that is important.

Bro take a chill pill eh

So now we are going to select timelines to suit the narrative ?

He's edging into our best players now ? He has played 2 good games .............. You clearly are easily impressed

You don't say - YEAH !!! I DO SAY

So now we are going to select timelines to suit the narrative ?

He's edging into our best players now ? He has played 2 good games .............. You clearly are easily impressed

You don't say - YEAH !!! I DO SAY
As I said, you know nothing about him, so we can only judge on what he is doing right now. Not selected timelines at all, just enjoying his game for what it is.
Easily impressed, not hard when you watch him play, his first season was about the best I have ever seen.

As I said, you know nothing about him, so we can only judge on what he is doing right now. Not selected timelines at all, just enjoying his game for what it is.
Easily impressed, not hard when you watch him play, his first season was about the best I have ever seen.
LOl Mate im actually laughing at your arguments here

You claim i know nothing ok , I'll bat that back to you
You know nothing !!

Now where did that just get us ?

What i do know is
* He was passed up during his draft year even though he was considered top 10 in talent
* He struggled to come back in good shape after his 1st pre season and needed extra's to get to required fitness
* Totally ignoring the Kebab fiasco , He again came back in pathetic condition on his return to the club
* Went back home for the death of a family member 1 week after returning in crap condition and was arrested out after midnight fighting
* Again returned this year in not as expected physical condition

You mention we judge on what he is doing right now , I have done this and actually posted a glowing post about his game against Freo & North
If you think his 1st season was the best you have ever seen then you clearly dont watch alot of games. He was very good but far far away from 'BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN'

Now go and have a drink - You need it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know nothing !!

What i do know is
* He was passed up during his draft year even though he was considered top 10 in talent
* He struggled to come back in good shape after his 1st pre season and needed extra's to get to required fitness
* Totally ignoring the Kebab fiasco , He again came back in pathetic condition on his return to the club
* Went back home for the death of a family member 1 week after returning in crap condition and was arrested out after midnight fighting

You mention we judge on what he is doing right now , I have done this and actually posted a glowing post about his game against Freo & North
If you think his 1st season was the best you have ever seen then you clearly dont watch alot of games. He was very good but far far away from 'BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN'

Does it feel like we cant be happy for him or with him right now if we were pissed off at him for being a douche bag previously?

* I even had him as my avatar after his first year. I loved him as a player, but he lost me and now he needs to earn my love again. Thats ok isnt it?

You know nothing !!

What i do know is

I think we all know that ad f****n nauseum. You might have not had the pleasure of not reading the 200+ pages of debating this, but most of us didn't, only to be thrown back into it again. We all know the history, the arguments why and why not, we do not know anything about him right now except that he is going well. Can't we just leave it there.

I think at this point, Sydney deserves some credit. Yes he still has a long way to go, which Dimma acknowledged last week but he came back to the club, put his head down and got himself fit and is now showing what he can do. I've said before here he's perhaps the third or fourth most naturally talented player on our list behind Dusty, Shai, Shedda...

Clearly his upbringing has been unconventional and perhaps worse that that to put it mildly, however that's not really any of our business. Sydney obviously needs community and for his community to put their arms around him, provide discipline and structure...and clearly, given that he could thrive. It's when you cut someone loose, sever ties that they're more inclined to fail.

It's pretty clear what he needs going forward, support. He's immature in his personal development, but extremely mature on the football field and just brims with assuredness and skill, plus he has that bit of a mean streak we all love. Sydney needs football and I believe football needs the Sydney Stacks of the world. What's better than a story of redemption ?

Right here, right now he's done everything asked of him and if Richmond continue to support him as he matures off the field, we have a budding champ right in the palm of our hand.

If you don't feel the need to support him or are still skeptical, that's ok too. But I know which side of the coin is more fun when it comes to Sydney Stack and I'm in his corner because this kid could be anything.
5E4049B0-F3B4-44F3-B534-C8CE85F611A5.gif

I think we all know that ad f****n nauseum. You might have not had the pleasure of not reading the 200+ pages of debating this, but most of us didn't, only to be thrown back into it again. We all know the history, the arguments why and why not, we do not know anything about him right now except that he is going well. Can't we just leave it there.

Stop replying

Does it feel like we cant be happy for him or with him right now if we were pissed off at him for being a douche bag previously?

**** I even had him as my avatar after his first year. I loved him as a player, but he lost me and now he needs to earn my love again. Thats ok isnt it?
100%

I love his football ability and cheer him like crazy and want him to become a great player

My only question is does he want to do the work required to become that ? I am yet to be convinced

This kid is not a bad person or a lost cause like Yarran/Garlett etc but he just doesnt like to do the hard work 'WHEN AWAY FROM THE CLUB'
and im not sure in todays game he can do that and reach potential

And it goes on, everyone with an opinion about Stack, yet none of us know him and have no idea about his motivation, maturity etc because it is all expressed from a bias point of view, your own. Fact is none of know squat. So give the character analysis a break, we had 200 pages of it, and just post about his footy, it's a tad more interesting.
Grrr for P.M.

You know nothing !!

What i do know is

You're funny. Your inane sense of humour makes me smile a lot and sometimes chuckle. Sometimes it seems like you are putting your honest opinion and the all of a sudden it seems like you are taking the piss out of yourself. Keep it up. Very entertaining in a weird way. :drunk: :)

You're funny. Your inane sense of humour makes me smile a lot and sometimes chuckle. Sometimes it seems like you are putting your honest opinion and the all of a sudden it seems like you are taking the piss out of yourself. Keep it up. Very entertaining in a weird way. :drunk: :)
Who are you ?? Why have i not seen you before ?

Where is the other guy gone

It’s been pointed out numerous times about his challenges, that’s why we picked him up at bargain price and unlike many players before him Stacky actually performed. if it we’re not for covid he could’ve been far more advanced than he is now ( scary thought)......on current form he is showing he is one of our best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back