Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought with not much happening and sydney signing on we should watch some of his talent as we may have forgotten just how talented he actually is.

Yeah thanks, but all that did was show that he can defend, set up plays, can take a mark, kick with vision and penetration, hit stoppages at speed, win clearances, tackle, kick goals, clean with his hands, has 'X' factor, has a bit of mongrel, can bump and is courageous.

Always thought he would be our best player one day and I haven’t changed my mind.

You can just see how good a finals player he will be. Beautiful hands, no nervous fumbling. Put him in the middle at the start of the 22 GF; he will set the standard.

Was an unfortunate injury away from already being a premiership player.

Notice that some of the guys he ran down were very quick players. He’s unbelievable really. If there’s going to be another Dusty or someone of that calibre, this is the guy.
We know he's good either forward or back, but where is he going to have the most impact? To me, that's as an inside/outside mid resting forward or back depending on the game at the time.

He's as good as Bolton, but with a more rounded and effective defensive side. Stack/Bolton/Graham/RCD/Ross are the way forward, I'd even slot Baker into that mid/forward rotation as well

Yeah thanks, but all that did was show that he can defend, set up plays, can take a mark, kick with vision and penetration, hit stoppages at speed, win clearances, tackle, kick goals, clean with his hands, has 'X' factor, has a bit of mongrel, can bump and is courageous.
Sounds like a midfielder to me.

Not an aqueduct in sight.

How good with take aways...?!?!

I just put the thought of Stack really applying himself into one corner of my mind. He could easily be an instant A grade mid in 2022. But I just cannot bring myself to expect it. If something crazy happens he'll somehow be there - even if it isn't his fault he'll be there.

but then if he comes out and plays to his capability we've just recruited our A grade mid

We know he's good either forward or back, but where is he going to have the most impact? To me, that's as an inside/outside mid resting forward or back depending on the game at the time.

He's as good as Bolton, but with a more rounded and effective defensive side. Stack/Bolton/Graham/RCD/Ross are the way forward, I'd even slot Baker into that mid/forward rotation as well
Agree. The next year is a final throw at the stumps and then these kids are the future. Exciting next 3-5 years I reckon (particularly with a couple of good draft hands over the next 2 years too!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dud Delist

Want to see him and Baker rotating through the midfield this season. Both skilled with a hard edge
Although I think Bakes could be an excellent mid, I'd imagine he'll need a few more kgs and a better tank, both not easy to achieve. Not sure on the tank comment, be interested to know his tan ranking at the club. He'll be 24 though at the start of the season, so hitting his prime.

Perhaps even rotating with Stack in the forward line. Both are not yet there as being seen as mids atm imo, but both could. This means Ross and RCD will need to really impact early as there is a possible 'group' of mids coming into the squad in a few weeks itching to get onto the G round 1.

Although I think Bakes could be an excellent mid, I'd imagine he'll need a few more kgs and a better tank, both not easy to achieve. Not sure on the tank comment, be interested to know his tan ranking at the club. He'll be 24 though at the start of the season, so hitting his prime.

Perhaps even rotating with Stack in the forward line. Both are not yet there as being seen as mids atm imo, but both could. This means Ross and RCD will need to really impact early as there is a possible 'group' of mids coming into the squad in a few weeks itching to get onto the G round 1.

There is a post in the draft thread saying Richmond need mids but it depends if you are half full or empty on stack. Bolton. Baker. Etc. Imho

There is a post in the draft thread saying Richmond need mids but it depends if you are half full or empty on stack. Bolton. Baker. Etc. Imho
Problem is none of those guys mentioned are your in and under ball winners
That’s the type of player people are referring to when we need midfielders

Problem is none of those guys mentioned are your in and under ball winners
That’s the type of player people are referring to when we need midfielders
I reckon we need one genuine ball winner to fix us up structurally. We can expect a better output when Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Dusty and Lambert spend a bigger chunk of the season fit, but one quality ball winner to shore us up would be perfect.

I reckon we need one genuine ball winner to fix us up structurally. We can expect a better output when Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Dusty and Lambert spend a bigger chunk of the season fit, but one quality ball winner to shore us up would be perfect.

Rcd seemed to be going ok untill senior players returned - forcing him out of the guts (?)

Rcd + that's apparently stacks natural spot ...

Ross seems.to have upside too
Still all unproven and I would argue none are elite in that department

Plus don’t think stack would be the type to play full midfield mins
He would still rotate through the forward and backline
We are talking about someone to replace Cotchin and or Prestia

RCD is a different beast all together more of a bash and crash that uses his size to break packs open

We someone at the bottom of those packs getting it to them probably in that 180 - 185cm range

Remove this Banner Ad

Back