Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to see him with a block of 5-10 games, but I could see him dropped this week as they need to make some room for a few more.

If he does get squeezed out, hopefully one game in the VFL and then straight back in.

Ideally give him a block of games in one role or position, that's the best way to develop continuity and improve.

Watched him closely Friday night, it was a train wreck of never being in the right spots, being ignored for Lynch and others, and doing brilliant 1% stuff that would hardly be noticed by most. He at least played team orientated football, and it was great to see his joy at others kicking goals and being part of the winning team, as opposed to sulking at his own quiet game.

Overall I'm not sure we have managed Stack very well, Vlas was a midfielder that started down back and was allowed to thrive there all his career. Stack is an indigenous player who we know can struggle away from home in the white world, and is moved from position to position after setting the world on fire as a backline player, which wouldn't be ideal for his personal development one would think.

For both him and us I just hope we can work out how to get the best out of this guy, his ceiling is about as high as it gets.

Watched him closely Friday night, it was a train wreck of never being in the right spots, being ignored for Lynch and others, and doing brilliant 1% stuff that would hardly be noticed by most. He at least played team orientated football, and it was great to see his joy at others kicking goals and being part of the winning team, as opposed to sulking at his own quiet game.

Overall I'm not sure we have managed Stack very well, Vlas was a midfielder that started down back and was allowed to thrive there all his career. Stack is an indigenous player who we know can struggle away from home in the white world, and is moved from position to position after setting the world on fire as a backline player, which wouldn't be ideal for his personal development one would think.

For both him and us I just hope we can work out how to get the best out of this guy, his ceiling is about as high as it gets.
exactly how i saw it too, his little taps and things he did in a split second, the guy has nouse.

Not what more the club could have done , Stack has not really managed himself that well and the club has been way too occupied with getting him out of s**t and back into shape.

Club has done nothing wrong and managed him as best they could , He would have been playing wafl by now if he was drafted to another club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not what more the club could have done , Stack has not really managed himself that well and the club has been way too occupied with getting him out of s**t and back into shape.

Club has done nothing wrong and managed him as best they could , He would have been playing wafl by now if he was drafted to another club
no, the club has done nothing wrong, but it's a Moneyball type of thing if we can find a way to get him up. guys talent is through the roof and cost us nothing but time, we invest we get.

no, the club has done nothing wrong, but it's a Moneyball type of thing if we can find a way to get him up. guys talent is through the roof and cost us nothing but time, we invest we get.
Gonna get a 2 year contract after he crushes the rest of this year

I’m just so excited about Stack, MJR and Boltons potential for the next 10 years at Richmond
Party time 🥳🎉

Got a horrible feeling will be dropped this week. I'd turf Edwards and Costanza out for their regular insipid performances instead but coaches are only human. Footy clubs are a reflection on life. How many of you have worked for a company where dead-set useless c@nts who are lazy, incompetent, late, toxic, dishonest, ass kissers keep their job for 10 years. Yet some gun who kills it and never does anything wrong apart from slightly rub a boss the wrong way gets the bullet just as probation ends. I've worked in construction my whole life seen it a 1000 times.

Got a horrible feeling will be dropped this week. I'd turf Edwards and Costanza out for their regular insipid performances instead but coaches are only human. Footy clubs are a reflection on life. How many of you have worked for a company where dead-set useless c@nts who are lazy, incompetent, late, toxic, dishonest, ass kissers keep their job for 10 years. Yet some gun who kills it and never does anything wrong apart from slightly rub a boss the wrong way gets the bullet just as probation ends. I've worked in construction my whole life seen it a 1000 times.
Thats a horrible take on the situation TBH...

I agree Edwards has been horribly out of form, and should be sent back to the two's...
George actually hasn't been that bad the last couple of weeks... He's just everyone's whipping boy now...

Reality is, Dusty, Cotch and prob Tarrant come back, so 3 undeserving players will most likely make way.

Thats a horrible take on the situation TBH...

I agree Edwards has been horribly out of form, and should be sent back to the two's...
George actually hasn't been that bad the last couple of weeks... He's just everyone's whipping boy now...

Reality is, Dusty, Cotch and prob Tarrant come back, so 3 undeserving players will most likely make way.

Toughen up snowflake. And Costanza has been putrid his entire career. And no IDGAF that he's a 3 time premiership player he's below suburban footballers standard in nearly every skill category. Should've and could've been dropped on 50 occasions throughout his career yet mysteriously never has been apart from maybe once but spudded it up in the magoos yet mysteriously promoted back to seniors immediately.

Hoping to see Sydney move up the field in the VFL this week if indeed he is not medical sub for the AFl outfit.

Magpies2 could be running headlong into some serious campaigners this week with Pickett, Stack, Mansell, Parker missing out. Hopefully rubs off on Ben Miller, who needs to stop playing Mr Nice Guy.

Bang.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back