Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

it is there GF of course and reason why we never pummel them in round 1 , the dwarf is already giving his players motivation talks lol, media love in for the scum has also already started.
We do the rest of the comp a favour by taking carlscum's best shot at the start of the season (in effect it's their GF)
rolling them and effectively making them % bunnies for all the other teams!
It's hard work but someone's got to do it!

Incredibly positive story for many reasons.

Firstly it’s brilliant for Syd that he was given & most importantly took his chance.

But secondly it’s great that our system saw his talent and supported him to fit in.

Finally it’s great that he valued the environment & wanted to be a part of it so bad that he did the work to earn the trust (something it sounds like he has never had to do).

This blokes ceiling is uncharted at this point.

Great news for him. I have one question, there's a lot of talk about his talent..why was he overlooked in the draft?
Told by Balmey on Draft night to have a beer or 3.
1549938128802.png

Yeah I know of him, what’s that other name you used.

(Come on work with me)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahhhhhhhhhh.Sorry about that chief.Got ya now.
Just google.Sadsorrystateofasidewhocheatedtheirwaytosuccessandnowwillpayforitforonehundredyears.

If he is playing a back role i could imagine him becoming a neville jetta type.

After watching that video, I came here straight away to post that. The elusiveness Neville shows, as well as being able to lock down on a forward is quality. If we could add a rebounding defender, that can actually defend when needed, I think it goes a long way to replace the deficiencies shown by Houli and short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have a source for Carlspoon trying to pinch Kid Stack? Wouldn't mind crowing to one of my mates
surely if someone mentioned it...it was in jest ?

since Cowdung signed both Gibbons and Cottrell..their list is full, no I haven't done a headcount but I assumed they had 1 empty rookie spot + Docherty re-doing his knee...so once they filled those 2....what's the point of asking anyone else at the 11th hour ?

oh damn....forgot about that spud Tom Bugg decided to pull the pin early....(probably shows he's got some smarts in him...after few weeks training with these Blooooze......seen enough) so maybe 1 spot left to fill...

Last edited:
surely if someone mentioned it...it was in jest ?

since Cowdung signed both Gibbons and Cottrell..their list is full, no I haven't done a headcount but I assumed they had 1 empty rookie spot + Docherty re-doing his knee...so once they filled those 2....what's the point of asking anyone else at the 11th hour ?

They traded pick #1 2019 for a guy we were passing on at 19. I wouldn't put anything past that rabble. Would be brilliant if true!! Otherwise, lol carlspoon

Stacks' recruitment is great news.
Like you say, he could potentially replace Houli, or Grigg, in future.
We will wait to see.
They should be the first cabs off the rank in terms of veteran retirements.

Incredibly positive story for many reasons.

Firstly it’s brilliant for Syd that he was given & most importantly took his chance.

But secondly it’s great that our system saw his talent and supported him to fit in.

Finally it’s great that he valued the environment & wanted to be a part of it so bad that he did the work to earn the trust (something it sounds like he has never had to do).

This blokes ceiling is uncharted at this point.
The fact the Dimma will house anyone who needs it ,is a testament to our club culture and our ambition.

Yeah wouldn't put it past SOS desperately last minute calling Stack
SOS, "Hey Sydney, wanna come and play for Carlspoon?"
Sydney "Nah you got to be crazy to play for your mob, say gdday to Stocker for me"
The Stack is on, expect this young bloke to thrive in our cultured club
Rioli, Graham, Higgins, RCD, Ross, English, Turtner and Stack, wowwee, good times ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back