Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone debating forward or defense for stacky

Let’s be real here, the kid could be elite in any position he’s that good

Natural footballer, amazing skills, poise, speed, no fear, harder than a cats head, never goes into his shell after a mistake either

******* love him
Personally think his best position is transferring play from back line to forward line, half back, wing, mid. Next season he will cement one of those spots. Breust type forward, maybe.

FFS he deserves a 2 year deal was one of our best week in week out once he cracked the side. I'm tipping he could become one of the elite players of the entire comp. Stick him HFF watch him kick 40 and embarrass Costanza with some real forward pressure as well as giviing him stints on the ball. Who knows one day could end up being a full time mid.

FFS he deserves a 2 year deal was one of our best week in week out once he cracked the side. I'm tipping he could become one of the elite players of the entire comp. Stick him HFF watch him kick 40 and embarrass Costanza with some real forward pressure as well as giviing him stints on the ball. Who knows one day could end up being a full time mid.

I see him moving into the midfield when Sydney gets his fitness up. He's got all the tools to be brilliant.

I'd be happy for him to get a 2 year deal, but it would need some performance/behaviour triggers. Can't have him coming back to preseason training fat again.

I'd be happy for him to get a 2 year deal, but it would need some performance/behaviour triggers. Can't have him coming back to preseason training fat again.
1 year deal is ok, keeps him on his toes, it's incentivised as well. He knows the lay of the land and has proved it over the last few weeks of the season. His manager knows that if he hits those incentives then a bigger payday will happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stack to sign a heavily-incentivised one year deal. Wanted two, but the club said no. Probably wants to keep him on his toes.
It’s fair enough.
He’s yet to prove he can do a professional offseason

Fat Stacks eh?

Cat Wiggle Shakes It Booty GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

1 year deal is ok, keeps him on his toes, it's incentivised as well. He knows the lay of the land and has proved it over the last few weeks of the season. His manager knows that if he hits those incentives then a bigger payday will happen
Exactly, he's still very young. With his talent if he applies himself he's going to be very well looked after for 10yrs+

It may be in his best interests to have a one year deal, in that, if he performs as well as we all know he could, the money offered for his next deal will be a significant upgrade.
Danger though is he stars for us, egirls and Shockers will come calling offering him a big contract

Danger though is he stars for us, egirls and Shockers will come calling offering him a big contract
I'm guessing though that he owes us big time. The club stood by him in a dark, dark time, and there's also the Brothers, which in his case is likely to be a big factor. The club's commitment to Indigenous players and the Institute could pay dividends over the next few years, as we've already seen in the re-signing of Bolton.

I'm guessing though that he owes us big time. The club stood by him in a dark, dark time, and there's also the Brothers, which in his case is likely to be a big factor. The club's commitment to Indigenous players and the Institute could pay dividends over the next few years, as we've already seen in the re-signing of Bolton.
May not help with CCJ after we looked after him😡

I love him, it’s not often you get that level of skill with that level of competitor but lets not get caught up in the talent.
He’s played 16 games in two seasons, I’m not even gonna bother about the why, whats important I reckon is to see what he comes up with when it’s not the last chance saloon.
Like it was this year, like it was his first year.

May not help with CCJ after we looked after him😡
Agree, but I think in Stack's case it's probably a bigger thing. It goes back to his initial recruitment when other clubs wouldn't touch him. Then there was his imprisonment in WA, when the club could have walked away from him, but instead stood by him. Now he's pulled himself out of that hole with support, nurturing and (I suspect) a fair bit of mentoring by the likes of Dusty and Pickett. Other clubs don't have that. It's not comparable to CCJ who went and had a kebab when he shouldn't have, suffered a bit of a whack and that was all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back