Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack is a natural forward......he could be better than Toby green if he keeps himself out of trouble.
he has all the tools that make a good forward. Edit****great forward****

Is smart, tough, fearless, can kick, can mark, and can make goals from nothing.....
very few players at Richmond or any other club for that matter have his skill set.... and he is only a pup.

Stack is a natural forward......he could be better than Toby green if he keeps himself out of trouble.

Is smart, tough, fearless, can kick, can mark, and can make goals from nothing.....
very few players at Richmond or any other club for that matter have his skill set.... and he is only a pup.
Still think he could make it as a midfielder
One of those guys who could legitimately play any position on the ground

Don't see why not as he is strong smart and has good skills besides when he came to the club that is what he was and could do worse in there. If not still think HB is his spot as in the forward line he seemed lost and that's when we were in form.

He deserves a pay rise for just putting the fear of god into Jack Viney. Media think he's an absolute bull, but we all know Sydney Stack only see's a poorly packed kebab when he looks at him.

We already have a forward with all of these attributes!

C'mon down...Jason Castagna.

I'll see myself out 👍

He deserves a pay rise for just putting the fear of god into Jack Viney. Media think he's an absolute bull, but we all know Sydney Stack only see's a poorly packed kebab when he looks at him.

apology for poor english
when were you when vinny dies?
i was sat at royal hotel eating bar smegma when dimma ring
"vinny is kill"
"no"

1631754380305.png

Yes agree, but how many players can convert half chances into goals? These players are valuable....look at soccer, forwards have goal sense.....the ability to finish and put the score on the board.
we need players like that up forward. We have one in stack so why waste him someplace else.

Yes agree, but how many players can convert half chances into goals? These players are valuable....look at soccer, forwards have goal sense.....the ability to finish and put the score on the board.
we need players like that up forward. We have one in stack so why waste him someplace else.
Stack and Bolton down forward would wreak havoc.

That is a good point, it’s the same issues (not a bad thing btw) that we have with Dusty and Bolton
They are so dangerous in both positions that it can be difficult to get that mix right although Dusty over the past few years through his experience has learnt to place himself at the best spot at the best time for the most part

I think it was our final game of the season this year where stack started back and was having a pretty dirty day, few missed marks and just genuinely looked a little sloppy and Dimma swapped him forward and he scored and set up some amazing goals

At this stage in his career it’s probably best if he trains and plays in one position either that half back or forward and after a few more years in the system I wouldn’t mind him training with the mids as well

Let him, Bolton, Martin and even RCD with his big size and frame rotate between the forward line and midfield depending on match ups and cause headaches for oppo coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apology for poor english
when were you when vinny dies?
i was sat at royal hotel eating bar smegma when dimma ring
"vinny is kill"
"no"

View attachment 1237194

where was I ? In the nose bleed section of the old Olympic stand , looking straight down on it , couldn't believe what I saw
knew Vinney was in trouble , but already knew Stack was a keeper from his game V Swans a few days before

???????????????????????????????????

1631771860691.png

Not sure Stacky is a natural 'forward' cos I could say he has the same attributes for a natural 'back' ...
I agree Stacky is a super talented pup...and who knows where he ends up as a player and what his natural position will be...could be our version of wangeneen

Anything in that mick mcguane article (HS, paywalled) or is he just trying to fill column inches? I saw the headline "why richmond should consider trading stack" and nearly puked at how utterly ridiculous it sounded
He’s showing a lack of insight, no way we’d trade Stack, as he suggests. Suggested Caddy too but I hope that doesn’t happen either.

He’s showing a lack of insight, no way we’d trade Stack, as he suggests. Suggested Caddy too but I hope that doesn’t happen either.
How or why would Caddy stay. Couldn't get a game with half our side out. We are probably trying to help him get a new gig somewhere, we are pretty good like that. We need space on our list with a good draft hand. That's footy.

How or why would Caddy stay. Couldn't get a game with half our side out. We are probably trying to help him get a new gig somewhere, we are pretty good like that. We need space on our list with a good draft hand. That's footy.
I would understand if he wanted to leave but if the ball's in our court I'd rather he stay. Especially with our fwd depth shot, if jack or lynch got injured he could easily slot right in an perform much better than anyone else on our list imo

Bloke is rolled gold. Love his eccentricity off-field as well, all champions have that high self-esteem. Just needs to remain disciplined and his ceiling will be higher than 99% of the afl. You can bookmark that. His future position is irrelevant because he is a footballer first and foremost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back