Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

The club has been very accommodating, it would seem.

If the player does not have the dedication to succeed, there is very little else it can do.

What message does it send if you keep a player on the list, who isnt motivated?

He is finished with us. It is not his talent that is in question it is the all round package. Will be amazed if he is still there next year from what i understand and no i wont be sharing my understanding.

As I understand it, club has to make a decision as he’s four years on the rookie list (three years plus the AFL granted replacement year) are up at the end of the year.

The club has to either promote him to the senior list or delist him I believe.

The same decision has to be made with Pickett.

As I understand it, club has to make a decision as he’s four years on the rookie list (three years plus the AFL granted replacement year) are up at the end of the year.

The club has to either promote him to the senior list or delist him I believe.

The same decision has to be made with Pickett.
Not thinking there would be too many takers

We can always delist and re rookie him if he wants to give it a last try

te way i see it its really only Richmond or WAFL

He is finished with us. It is not his talent that is in question it is the all round package. Will be amazed if he is still there next year from what i understand and no i wont be sharing my understanding.
He won't be getting de-listed, he's a long term project and will become a champion player.

Tigers are coming to my side of town this Sunday and will give up watching Brissy-Carlton to walk down there and hopefully see Stack and co put on some good football. Beating Preston by a big margin will be pretty easy as they are the North Melbourne of the VFL. Hmm maybe that isnt a good thing for us.

Would love to see Stack turn it on. Shame to hear that he didnt do too much on the weekend as I worry that he may be lost to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigers are coming to my side of town this Sunday and will give up watching Brissy-Carlton to walk down there and hopefully see Stack and co put on some good football. Beating Preston by a big margin will be pretty easy as they are the North Melbourne of the VFL. Hmm maybe that isnt a good thing for us.

Would love to see Stack turn it on. Shame to hear that he didnt do too much on the weekend as I worry that he may be lost to us.
Kicks 5 or GTFO

No way they’ll pick him. Was going at 70% on Sunday, unfit, no urgency. Disposal was shite. Only time he went 100% was to clean-up the bloke when running straight off bench.
How do you think he could possibly be unfit. He had been at the club for 9 months of training and playing. All this coming back unfit is just an easy way to blame Stack. That was a factor in October, not 9 months later, how would that be possible.

The only logical reason for the club giving up on Stack or visa versa, which seems to have happened, is a personality clash, or an attitude problem which may or may not be totally Stack's doing unless we are privy to what is going on at the club now, not 9 months ago.

Why would you play a kid in the forward position for an entire season without any real improvement, especially when you know he can play at half back extremely well. There must be a reason other than what 'the back line is full'. Stack is out at the end of the season, that much is pretty obvious, his way or our way, which probably means the club is going to do him no favours.

How do you think he could possibly be unfit. He had been at the club for 9 months of training and playing. All this coming back unfit is just an easy way to blame Stack. That was a factor in October, not 9 months later, how would that be possible.

The only logical reason for the club giving up on Stack or visa versa, which seems to have happened, is a personality clash, or an attitude problem which may or may not be totally Stack's doing unless we are privy to what is going on at the club now, not 9 months ago.

Why would you play a kid in the forward position for an entire season without any real improvement, especially when you know he can play at half back extremely well. There must be a reason other than what 'the back line is full'. Stack is out at the end of the season, that much is pretty obvious, his way or our way, which probably means the club is going to do him no favours.
Without knowing anything I think we also need to remember as fans it’s easy to forget that there is a lot more to being an afl player than the couple of hours on the weekend
We only see a qtr of the picture and maybe he isn’t holding up appropriate standards that are required in regards to training, preparation or even just attitude

Not saying this is the case but it’s always easy to make judgements either way without the full story

Without knowing anything I think we also need to remember as fans it’s easy to forget that there is a lot more to being an afl player than the couple of hours on the weekend
We only see a qtr of the picture and maybe he isn’t hold up appropriate standards that are required in regards to training, preparation or even just attitude

Not saying this is the case but it’s always easy to make judgements either way without the full story
Exactly, as I have been saying over and over, stop using the coming back in October excuse. The club has done him no favours, there is probably a reason for that, we are not privy. Hard for the fans who he polarises either way. Just a shame for such a potentially elite talent.

The club has been very accommodating, it would seem.

If the player does not have the dedication to succeed, there is very little else it can do.

What message does it send if you keep a player on the list, who isnt motivated?
Perhaps play him where he might enjoy his footy and who knows how the motivation will go from there. How do you know he is not motivated?

Gee I would love Stacky to stay and he showcases his talent, but has Stengle written all over him. Maybe a delist and year in wilderness may be what it takes to get this guy to have the AFL career we all want him to have.

FMD that means he's probably going to end up at Geelong.
or another club takes a chance on him, would be worth a punt easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back