Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Top5 in his draft class or there about on talent imho ...

Many talented players don't make it
I'm not saying he isn't talented, but to claim hes as good as our best 2 game breakers in the last 15 years is a stretch toofar

I’d like to think they’ve been putting him in positions were he can learn how to help to create for others games, ie the way Shedda played.

I’d like to think that’s the case but pretty wishful thinkin.

Hope he stays.

mate, he is in the top three in the club for natural talent.
If you truly believe that then you need to reevaluate.
Stack has played 35 games with probably 5 fantastic and 10 good games

The longer he is out the better he has become
The guy is struggling to play any other position and we have all the supporters asking him to be played at HB as thats his role.

Liam Baker has shown 10 times more than Stack

The guy is struggling to play any other position and we have all the supporters asking him to be played at HB as thats his role.

No the guy has struggled to play forward pocket, what other position has he played in besides half back?
Half way through last season Riloi was being dropped by just about everyone on this board until he went to half back.
The pocket is the hardest place in football unless you are Eddie Betts.

Stack's first season highlights would be equivalent to some players career highlights. I thought at the time I have never seen a better first year from any footballer at Richmond. Then along came covid and we know how that turned out.

He has every attribute you could want in a footballer except as it turns out dedication. If he were to sort that out he could be anything.

Last edited:
No the guy has struggled to play forward pocket, what other position has he played in besides half back?
Half way through last season Riloi was being dropped by just about everyone on this board until he went to half back.
The pocket is the hardest place in football unless you are ddi Betts.

Stack's first season highlights would be equivalent to some players career highlights. I thought at the time I have never seen a better first year from any footballer at Richmond. Then along came covid and we know how that turned out.

He has every attribute you could want in a footballer except as it turns out dedication. If he were to sort that out he could be anything.
he has been tried on the wing , half foward and has also had runs in the midfield with average output
has actually done better playing foward but doesnt work hard enough long enough and picks and choses when the ball is in his area.

Thats the main reason he didnt get games

he has been tried on the wing , half foward and has also had runs in the midfield with average output
has actually done better playing foward but doesnt work hard enough long enough and picks and choses when the ball is in his area.

Thats the main reason he didnt get games
He has been tried on the wing in the preseason and he was best on with Pickett, that was the end of this wing experiment.
Half forward yes, and he went well at AFL but got injured.

But in the VFL it has been deep forward mainly. He got a Q in the guts one game and that was it. Why.

May well pick and choose a bit as you say, have not noticed it but have not seen him live, but at half back he was 100% all the time.

Go to p.67 of this thread and read the comments if you can be bothered. We thought we had a new Wanganeen. Pity.

not really, Baker is starting to show now, stack has played some great games and a small handful of average ones. HIs percentage of games well played would be better than most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must have missed it , Baker has been a gun for 2 years now
love that boy
never said he wasn't, you must have missed reading comprehension hahaha :) (I'm joking). he grew to become a gun, which we all love. Stack didn't get the same run to show his growth.....we spent that time on George and Edwards this year. stack was one of our best players late last year.

Another report indicating stack might be with us another season, although as a lot suspected it’s the professionalism side of things that is still holding him back

It just goes to show how tenuous things are for Sydney Stack. He's right on the edge. Talent alone isn't enough to make it in the AFL.

If he is not professional. cut him.
Simple.
We have put enough effort and patience into him
There is nothing more we could have done.

If at this stage, he still cannot act like a professional footballer, goodbye.

I understand that his social media and all that is his way of expressing himself, but there has to be a line drawn in terms of when it becomes a distraction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back