Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

If the club rookied him along with RCD & even Stocker i would be fine tbh. With minimal picks in the draft of quality, see its as a decent strategy
RCD no, he needs the shinboner spirit to come alive.

Stocker, I'm not sure, haven't seen him enough.

Stack, for sure! The other 2 I wouldn't let carry Stack's bags if I was president, that honor I'd give to Dimma. But even if we gave Stack a lifeline now I still wouldn't get a membership until everyone involved in the Stack decision is gone from the club.

De Goey doesn't look in great shape either but he still gets it done.

In my opinion Richmond failed Stack and our "culture" is not all it's cracked up to be.

And what is this "Richmond man" bullshit I keep hearing about, is that Scott Turner, is it Knighter, Richo, maybe Brodders, wtf is it?

Getting a kebab with your mate should be the definition of a "Richmond man," that it's not is a disgrace.

I will not get another membership until everyone involved in this unfair treatment of Stack is gone from the club
images

He's not a leader though, and people tend to follow those that lead by example.

I just don't believe in letting young talent like that go, and we knew his issues when we picked him.

2019 the kid killed it, so he can do it, '20 & '21 covid hit and the kid wasn't playing, he has excuses in my opinion.
Carl Peterson , Troy Taylor , Dan Connors would all love you

No it was unfair on all and a lot of kids stagnated. But Stack had it harder than most because of the lack of stability in his home life. The kids had couch surfed since he was 14 years old, hence he wasn't drafted due to lack of discipline/stability. The off season was not a stable environment unlike most.
He also did the same thing for the last 4 years whilst listed at the RFC in the off season except when he was out clubbing or Tik Tocking
Would have probably kept doing the same thing for the next 4 years if we kept him.

Maybe getting delisted is the kick up the back he needs , Or maybe just maybe he doesnt have the want to be a pro footballer

Stack, for sure! The other 2 I wouldn't let carry Stack's bags if I was president, that honor I'd give to Dimma. But even if we gave Stack a lifeline now I still wouldn't get a membership until everyone involved in the Stack decision is gone from the club.

Stack is the one i have the least interest in. He relied on his hard body and strong hands to be competent & due to his inability to ever maintain his physical state due to his lack of discipline - he lost both those strengths & they haven't been relevant for 3 years. Never had the stamina to be a midfield rotation and anything more than a FWD or Back Pocket.

I wanted to cut him after kebabgate - his stupidity is the biggest reason the AFL hates us now - our behaviour in the hub made us hated by the AFL and kebabgate was the final straw,

He also did the same thing for the last 4 years whilst listed at the RFC in the off season except when he was out clubbing or Tik Tocking
Would have probably kept doing the same thing for the next 4 years if we kept him.

Maybe getting delisted is the kick up the back he needs , Or maybe just maybe he doesnt have the want to be a pro footballer
Probably right, although most young footballers go clubbing etc.

It takes a lot of discipline to be an AFL footballer these days so as you say you really have to want it. I guess time will tell, if he goes and knuckles down he may reverse the trend, if not, he will be a good WAFL (or where ever) player. Won't be the first player to go that way and hopefully being in an institution like Richmond for 4 years and having a bit of coin in his pocket may set him up for the future.

In fact it was a disgrace. He was put in jail basically "because he has nowhere else to go" and to " teach him a lesson". Disgusting, old colonial attitude to a young black man who needed guidance and counselling and direction at the time.

Anyway, we keep jailing young black men, some of them deserved no doubt for serious crimes but many of them "because they have nowhere else to go" and to "teach them a lesson" and they keep dying in jail on an all too regular basis.

Didn't mean to derail the thread but the rate of incarceration for indigenous peoples is ridiculously high and incredibly damaging to our society as a whole. Sydney Stack being jailed for what was arguably something beyond his control and when bail was the obvious option still annoys the hell out of me.

What "lesson" did he learn from that I wonder...
Bullshit. Stack was jailed because he knowingly and deliberately broke the the terms of his WA entry permit. A WA non indigenous woman was also jailed around the same time, for the same offence. Get off your soapbox.

It takes a lot of discipline to be an AFL footballer these days so as you say you really have to want it
That’s were the private school is an indicator for if the can or can’t function well with tight time management stuff or if they blowup if things are too rigid.

I’m not saying it’s the only way but the fact is if you can’t hold it together for 2-3 yrs till draft age you might not adapt easily to professional sport and contractual obligations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wanted to cut him after kebabgate - his stupidity is the biggest reason the AFL hates us now - our behaviour in the hub made us hated by the AFL and kebabgate was the final straw,
Don't forget the Cotchin's, and Dimma saying how you supporters don't like going to that shithole Colonial stadium also.

Stack doesn't want its clear as day
Thousands of kids would have given anything to be on a afl list i wanted him to succeed more than anything at the end of it he had 4 years
To get his s**t together but didn't.
*.me he had the perfect role model in pickett
Who knows everything about hardship and how to overcome it to be successful
Stack had all the resources in the club to succeed, hope he gets it before it's too late.

De Goey doesn't look in great shape either but he still gets it done.

In my opinion Richmond failed Stack and our "culture" is not all it's cracked up to be.

And what is this "Richmond man" bullshit I keep hearing about, is that Scott Turner, is it Knighter, Richo, maybe Brodders, wtf is it?

Getting a kebab with your mate should be the definition of a "Richmond man," that it's not is a disgrace.

I will not get another membership until everyone involved in this unfair treatment of Stack is gone from the club
stir.jpg

Last edited:

Good piss off troll

can anywone that has farcebook check if stackys old man is commenting on that richmond page
I couldn't see anything, but I did check out his old man's profile and he does look like he is Stack's dad. Well, he's friend with Sydney at least.

Last edited:
Can we close this thread now?

and move on to more positive stuff like the contest for the half forward role between Castagna and Shai Bolton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back