Player Watch #44: Tyson Stengle [TIGER NO MORE!]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its due to my nick name being beer. Just be thankfull i help you so much
966-17528-v4_product_img.jpg

Had some big moments, and you could make a pretty convincing case that he was the most effective of our small forwards with ball in hand. Has time and space and just uses the ball so well - and he'll only get more involved the more he plays. He doesn't quite have the defensive pressure of the others at the moment, though.

8disposals 2goals looked calm and showed great poise and skill really thrilled with wombo

He never gets tackled, thats his most impressive trait imo. That one at half forward he shrugged 3 tackles at once. Amazing to see an 18 year old do that

Had some big moments, and you could make a pretty convincing case that he was the most effective of our small forwards with ball in hand. Has time and space and just uses the ball so well - and he'll only get more involved the more he plays. He doesn't quite have the defensive pressure of the others at the moment, though.

I'd say Butler, Stengel then Rioli on the night. You'd take 6 goals out of your small forwards any day of the week. They all contributed.

Did like how Butler pushed right up the ground too

I watched him last week against the Northern blues and he did all the basics really well, has really good work ethic, ran forward patterns really well to create opportunities for him and the kick coming inside 50, danced around when manning the mark and looked for the play on call from the umpire so he could steam in and put pressure on the kick taker. If that's his base as a rookie then we might have a little diamond in the rough here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back