Player Watch #44: Tyson Stengle [TIGER NO MORE!]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good player IMO but was just never going to get a game unless we had significant forward line injuries.

The game against port over there was the highlight for me. Like him as a player.

Probably the most consistent small forward we had at VFL but his lack of speed compared to others really hurt him given our AFL forward line relies heavily on leg speed for our smalls.

Probably the most consistent small forward we had at VFL but his lack of speed compared to others really hurt him given our AFL forward line relies heavily on leg speed for our smalls.

Good lead and mark for his size. Good footy brain but yes agree his lack of speed is what kept him out of the seniors

Best wishes to Tyson.
He never really made the grade.
It sounds like, reading Neil Balme's statement, they made a pay offer but Adelaide's was better.
No great loss.
More importantly, I am pleased we re-signed Callum Moore and I felt he should have played in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck Tyson. Hope you're practicing the Power Stance.

Pity he knocked back our offer. But hard to see him breaking into the current forward line.

Great job by Wombat to go from rookie list to being seriously wanted by Adelaide. :thumbsu:

All players that struggled to ever be good enough for the firsts so really no loss, we now need to fill those spots with players better than those that have moved on.

That's the art of list management, I guess. I reckon it's now on that group of say BEllis, Towner, Markov, Menadue, Drummond, Garthwaite and Bolton to go past the level Miles, Lloyd, CEllis and Stengle were at in 2018, and push their way into seniors where the others didn't.

(Naish, Balta, Baker and CCJ probably have another season of grace before it's on them, IMO.)

Still, I'll miss those blokes who've left running around Punt Rd Oval, even if they never really cemented themselves in the firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back