Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The stuck in the mud rule (ie stationary man on the mark) is supposed to help scoring (along with the 50 metre penalties that will be dished out) but then so were other rule changes.

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
For comparison, this is all the tuggers players who kicked 10 or more in 2019. Scoring has dropped substantially, if we got 180 out of our best 6 goal scorers, we'll be playing finals.

e956e88bd7.png
Probably why if everyone plays to their ability and we get a good run with injury we won't be as bad as a lot of people think. Could easily be bottom 4 though with injuries and our forwards having below par seasons.

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Probably why if everyone plays to their ability and we get a good run with injury we won't be as bad as a lot of people think. Could easily be bottom 4 though with injuries and our forwards having below par seasons.
Issues will be whether we can get the pill in the forward line enough and with good enough entries, but our defence will be very leaky unless the mids work harder and a couple of guys really step up eg BZT, Guelfi, Hind. Ridley cant do it all and cant expect anything of Reid yet.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s early days yet..however..I look at Waterboy with his speed off the mark and a good leap up jump at height with strong hands and you ponder we could possibly have a good option at half forward who can kick straight from 45 to 55 out.

Other 6’1 -6’2 options we’ve tried lately tend to get stuck under the ball and are easily spoilt by opposition defenders.

Hawforn with Gunston and Breust have shown you don’t have a super tall FL to get goals.

It’s more about blokes who can lead into space ahead of their opposition on the lead and have hands of glue to take in one grab.

Through Tippa and other “ smalls” lurking for crumbs and Jake deep..Alec could be a very handy acquisition indeed.

Ati Tude

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
It’s early days yet..however..I look at Waterboy with his speed off the mark and a good leap up jump at height with strong hands and you ponder we could possibly have a good option at half forward who can kick straight from 45 to 55 out.

Other 6’1 -6’2 options we’ve tried lately tend to get stuck under the ball and are easily spoilt by opposition defenders.

Hawforn with Gunston and Breust have shown you don’t have a super tall FL to get goals.

It’s more about blokes who can lead into space ahead of their opposition on the lead and have hands of glue to take in one grab.

Through Tippa and other “ smalls” lurking for crumbs and Jake deep..Alec could be a very handy acquisition indeed.
Someone said it is Crameri Mk 2, but I think he is perhaps most like Angus Monfries (who I did quite like). Lead up player who plays taller than their height which can be a hard match up. But hey, not sure we can expect too much here either.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Someone said it is Crameri Mk 2, but I think he is perhaps most like Angus Monfries (who I did quite like). Lead up player who plays taller than their height which can be a hard match up. But hey, not sure we can expect too much here either.

Yeah Crameri just didn’t have that extra class and grunt to attack on the lead.

Angus was small and lightweight. Get hold of him and you could drag him down with the ball easily.

Waterboy looks like he’s got a bit of core strength and mental aggression.

Time will tell.

Pre season Practice matches are glorified match simulation drills.

We’ll soon see how he goes under the pressure of home and away game desperation and intensity.

Last edited:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
His problem is going to be covering enough ground at his size.

Looked painfully slow against the Cats. We'll how he goes if he gets another opportunity.
I think his role is opportunist forward. His goals against the blues seemed to be unexpected plays where his defender had forgotten about him. He’s such a nice long kick though. Get it to him anywhere within 55 and he’s a chance. Not sure if that’s apart of any game plan though.

His problem is going to be covering enough ground at his size.

Looked painfully slow against the Cats. We'll how he goes if he gets another opportunity.

I’m getting Dell’Olio vibes, but he’s bigger and certainly looks to have more go off the mark and a better leg on him.

Right kind of player to go after IMO, we don’t really have any smaller marking targets deep forward

Cup_o_Jobe

All Australian
Aug 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Go old school and plonk him in the square, give him strict instructions to never leave the fwd 50, and see how many times we can have him one out on the quick turnover. Even if he only snags a goal a game that way, he'd be giving a better ROI than Smack did last year.

Back