My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
That moment when he closed his eyes almost welling up after kicking that goal from 50, like disbelief that his dreams came true. Very endearing.

Only just caught up on his story. Genuinely heartwarming. The big celebration with his mates on the boundary post match makes even more sense.

As an aside I'm always amazed at how much bigger west coast players look compared to ours. This guy is in bed for 18 months of his two year contract with them and is still built like the Evergreen Evergrande. Unbelievable.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Only just caught up on his story. Genuinely heartwarming. The big celebration with his mates on the boundary post match makes even more sense.

As an aside I'm always amazed at how much bigger west coast players look compared to ours. This guy is in bed for 18 months of his two year contract with them and is still built like the Evergreen Evergrande. Unbelievable.
do we need to whine to the AFL? :p

Jul 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
If he was really playing back in the VFL for a couple of weeks to "build his tank" for Senior-level footy, surely there is more fitness growth there. That's scary. He has a big body, knows how to use it and is already prepared to leave the forward line. I don't think we should be trying to turn everyone into a midfielder but if he can pop up here and there and hit a few contests hard that would be really great.

Also, beautiful kick.

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
His dad was a thumping kick too wasn't he?

Good to see someone out there for us who is such a good kick.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
He makes the correct decisions, uses the ball well, knows how to use his size and kicks it straight.

A very good pick up. He'll be a very good player when he works on his tank.

MattyB3150

Team Captain
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you think he could ever play inside mid? We really lack big bodied mids and Stringer when he goes in is the closest we have.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Do you think he could ever play inside mid? We really lack big bodied mids and Stringer when he goes in is the closest we have.
Doesn't have the tank. He was a mid as a junior pre-glandular fever but has now changed his body to become a forward.

"Played an AFL game in the VFL"
Alec Waterman
Stats: 17 disposals, two goals, three marks, five tackles

“Alec had a good game. He was really important for us and played an AFL game in the VFL. His body work was really good. He’s an exciting player to watch."

Ankle injury in the VFL, which he apparently played on for like half the game because we were already down on rotations.

VFL write up says basically the same thing:
Alec Waterman
Stats: 11 disposals, one goal, three marks

“I thought Alec started really well. He kicked a goal, he was presenting, he was really good in the one-on-one contests. He reads the game very well. Unfortunately, he did his ankle in the second quarter. With the other injuries we had he tried to stay on as long as he could, but by three-quarter time he was pretty much done. It was a really good effort for him to stay out as long as he did.”

Back