Delisted #45: Alec Waterman - not offered another contract - 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Waterman is really interesting. Obviously missed a lot of development because of glandular fever, but even when he got back to WAFL level he had significant time out with broken ribs. He really has only had one preseason and regular games with us at the top level.

Cox, Perkins, Reid blah blah aside, I think we can be genuinely excited about the kind of player Waterman could be next year if he's able to get another full pre-season. He's powerful through the legs and core, and I didn't realise his original position when drafted was as an inside mid. Maybe coaches / Dodo with an eye to understudy in the Jake Stringer role?

Waterman is really interesting. Obviously missed a lot of development because of glandular fever, but even when he got back to WAFL level he had significant time out with broken ribs. He really has only had one preseason and regular games with us at the top level.

Cox, Perkins, Reid blah blah aside, I think we can be genuinely excited about the kind of player Waterman could be next year if he's able to get another full pre-season. He's powerful through the legs and core, and I didn't realise his original position when drafted was as an inside mid. Maybe coaches / Dodo with an eye to understudy in the Jake Stringer role?

Most of the VFL games I’ve seen him play is as an inside mid and he seems to do quite well. If he gets a full preseason into him watch out

Looking forward to seeing him next year after a solid preseason. Seems to be very dependable in terms of goalkicking accuracy (I have no stat's to back this, just perception from watching games) and think he might prove a very astute pickup

We need to talk about the consecutive fifties….

I say this in good humour……one of the dumbest things I have ever seen on a footy field.
The stupidest part was the umpire failing to call "Play on" before the second one when the magpie player ran about three steps off his line.

The stupidest part was the umpire failing to call "Play on" before the second one when the magpie player ran about three steps off his line.
Ah, no. He no doubt would have called play on, if Waterman wasn't running where he should not have. Clearest 50 you'll ever see (unless his name is Lance Franklin).
Anyway, brain fade, he played well otherwise, we move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nailed the crameri role today
Heard him compared to Calthorpe and others but Crameri is who comes to mind to me as well (maybe not as quick?) for body shape, size and strength...I like that point of difference up forward. And the accuracy of his kicks is impressive.

Play on is play on. You can tackle somebody once its play on if you like.
Dude, he was well and truly inside the protected zone when he tried to play on. By a mile. The infringement happened first. And just like you said, he hadn't called play on yet, so no, you can't tackle him.

The first he might get away with, the second is an easy 50.

Dude, he was well and truly inside the protected zone when he tried to play on. By a mile. The infringement happened first. And just like you said, he hadn't called play on yet, so no, you can't tackle him.

The first he might get away with, the second is an easy 50.
He doesn't have to stand while the other guy runs his 50. The Magpie used his mario star up once he ran 3 steps off the line.

He doesn't have to stand while the other guy runs his 50. The Magpie used his mario star up once he ran 3 steps off the line.
???
I think you need to re watch the replay. No one was running a 50, it came after a mark. And Waterman ran through his protected space well before he took any steps off the line.
Anyway, this discussion is not worth any more of my time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back