Darealrath

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
That moment when he closed his eyes almost welling up after kicking that goal from 50, like disbelief that his dreams came true. Very endearing.
Only just caught up on his story. Genuinely heartwarming. The big celebration with his mates on the boundary post match makes even more sense.

As an aside I'm always amazed at how much bigger west coast players look compared to ours. This guy is in bed for 18 months of his two year contract with them and is still built like the Evergreen Evergrande. Unbelievable.

citizen-erased

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham, Bayern, Milan, Celtic
Only just caught up on his story. Genuinely heartwarming. The big celebration with his mates on the boundary post match makes even more sense.

As an aside I'm always amazed at how much bigger west coast players look compared to ours. This guy is in bed for 18 months of his two year contract with them and is still built like the Evergreen Evergrande. Unbelievable.
do we need to whine to the AFL? :p

Highly Evolved

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
If he was really playing back in the VFL for a couple of weeks to "build his tank" for Senior-level footy, surely there is more fitness growth there. That's scary. He has a big body, knows how to use it and is already prepared to leave the forward line. I don't think we should be trying to turn everyone into a midfielder but if he can pop up here and there and hit a few contests hard that would be really great.

Also, beautiful kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
He makes the correct decisions, uses the ball well, knows how to use his size and kicks it straight.

A very good pick up. He'll be a very good player when he works on his tank.

Remove this Banner Ad