Senior 45. Bradley Close (2020-)

Remove this Banner Ad

SANFL posted this in response to the Cats tweet on Bradley Close.

I seem to remember vision of Tarca doing much the same ... we do seem to like these small pocket rocket spring heeled jacks ... perhaps we feel like we miss what Linc is for Brisbane.
A goal kicking sub 186 player .. I cant see Miers being out of the loop... Ablett is Ablett ..and as long as hs body is up to it he plays .. Dahl has the smiling eyes of the MC but he does struggle to kick a goal ...I find hard to believe that his spot could be under pressure

Last edited:

I seem to remember vision of Tarca doing much the same ... we do seem to like these small pocket rocket spring heeled jacks ... perhaps we feel like we miss what Linc is for Brisbane.
A goal kicking sub 186 player .. I can see Miers being out of the loop... Ablett is Ablett ..and as long as hs body is up to it he plays .. Dahl has the smiling eyes of the MC but he does struggle to kick a goal ...I find hard to believe that his spot could be under pressure

We have Gaz, Dahl, Atkins, Miers, Tarca and now Close in that small forward role. Gaz really plays as an extra mid, and it's sounding a lot like Atkins will be playing more mid this year too. Then we're left with Dahl, Miers, Tarca and Close all pushing for the two available spots, while Gary Rohan could fall out too. There'll be opportunity.

We have Gaz, Dahl, Atkins, Miers, Tarca and now Close in that small forward role. Gaz really plays as an extra mid, and it's sounding a lot like Atkins will be playing more mid this year too. Then we're left with Dahl, Miers, Tarca and Close all pushing for the two available spots, while Gary Rohan could fall out too. There'll be opportunity.
Yeah get Atkins in the middle as a defensive minded mid.

Another 180cm small forward.

We are most likely moving towards a Richmond style of game plan.

I suspect Dahlhaus gets more midfield time, as we don't see a lot of goals from him. Potentially Atkins as well. Fogarty will play high half forward, mainly midfield too.

GAJ, Taheny, Miers, Cockatoo, Evans will be mainly forward rotations - and hopefully they are all taught forward pressure craft from the older guys.

I think this kid will be in the VFL system next year, needs to build his body up first.

A goal kicking sub 186 player .. I can see Miers being out of the loop... Ablett is Ablett ..and as long as hs body is up to it he plays .. Dahl has the smiling eyes of the MC but he does struggle to kick a goal ...I find hard to believe that his spot could be under pressure
One difference here would be Tarca never played SANFL seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the video on GFC website, Wells is on the phone to CS and mentions that Close is a good runner. Would be interesting to see his combine results.
interesting you say that, heard many times a good runner mentioned by Wells, not just for Close but other players, so its definitely what they targeted

In the video on GFC website, Wells is on the phone to CS and mentions that Close is a good runner. Would be interesting to see his combine results.
Someone posted earlier I think. 2.97s second 20m sprint (D Stephens also 2.97) and 8.11s agility test (comparison D Stephens got 8.245) so enough in the tank to match a top 5 pick winger

Not quite sure what you mean here, but Miers will play 150 games+ for us (barring injury). He's much more than a defensive forward.
Miers has already proven he is a good goal sneak with the ability run all day and has a very nice footy iq don't see him being removed from the team either

Miers is most likely going to hold down a small forward hhf role for us for the next decade

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back