Senior 45. Bradley Close (2020-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck to him...he's obviously worked hard on his game and got his reward.

Go for it mate...take it with both hands.

Saw some clips of his time with Glenelg...looks a good finisher.

Thought he did well in atrocious conditions...looks a lively small forward who doesn't take a backward step.

Could well have kicked a couple more than his first up goal.

Not sure whom he reminded me of...
I really liked the flashes he's showed and the most important to me was decisiveness with ball in hand.
Made some really quick and assertive choices - some worked and some didnt - but I liked the fact he had the belief to try it.

Both him and Simmo have shown that - Close more than Simmo but both in under 15 game players.

GO Catters

Thought I'd share a few words from what I think might be some of the first external recognition of this guy:

Quick shout out to Brad Close, who had the type of unsung game that those at the Geelong footy club would be rapt with. Completely nullified the impact of Liam Duggan off half back, limiting the damaging Eagle to just ten touches. In removing Duggan as a rebounding threat, Close’s defensive work helped the Cats hem the Eagles into their back half.

Even when Duggan did get a touch, the amount of pressure Close put him under, with smothers, etc… caused the kicks to be much less effective than they’d normally be.

Thought I'd share a few words from what I think might be some of the first external recognition of this guy:

Quick shout out to Brad Close, who had the type of unsung game that those at the Geelong footy club would be rapt with. Completely nullified the impact of Liam Duggan off half back, limiting the damaging Eagle to just ten touches. In removing Duggan as a rebounding threat, Close’s defensive work helped the Cats hem the Eagles into their back half.

Even when Duggan did get a touch, the amount of pressure Close put him under, with smothers, etc… caused the kicks to be much less effective than they’d normally be.

But but but he didn't kick 5 goals so it must have been a useless game 😉

I posted a few weeks ago he is our best small forward.

A few people laughed and thats fair - but my smile aint changed.

Hes good and getting better.

Go Catters

He made it
Yep, followed every game and was cheering for him in the GF. Have liked his consistency this year, very good numbers for a small pressure forward (which is what I think they get called these days). Was always a little sorry for him draft day when Mas (Redman) got picked and Brad didn't but it worked out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gomez is a great little player. He makes good decisions, runs hard both ways, runs players down, lowers his eyes to hit team mates on the chest and knows where the goals are. Really, what is there not to like about Gomez?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back