Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

All forgetting that premierships are won from terrific defence lines. We need his run and carry from the backline.

True. Our point of difference is having two blokes in Saad and Mckenna who are so damaging in open space in front of them. Why would you want to tinker with that?
He can still run and carry the ball from the wing position, he also becomes a dangerous option as a possible goal kicker and besides anything that gets him away from kicking out surely is a good thing ;).

Wouldn't surprise me if we try to roll him forward at times, but apparently he still played back in the intraclub.

Saad + McKenna are at their most dangerous when there's two of them that can run and carry, otherwise it's too easy to shut down the handball receive.

I'd like to see Redman and McKenna up the ground more regularly though, their kicking i50 is fantastic and creative, and it opens up more room for Ridley down back.

Wouldn't surprise me if we try to roll him forward at times, but apparently he still played back in the intraclub.

Saad + McKenna are at their most dangerous when there's two of them that can run and carry, otherwise it's too easy to shut down the handball receive.

I'd like to see Redman and McKenna up the ground more regularly though, their kicking i50 is fantastic and creative, and it opens up more room for Ridley down back.
There's also a bloke named McGrath who's no slouch running off half back and could allow Redman onto a wing. I don't mind any of these options for what they are - options. Doesn't necessarily mean they're permanent moves... until they're permanent moves.

From a club email.

Essendon defender Conor McKenna has returned to his homeland of Ireland due to homesickness and family-related reasons.

General manager of football Dan Richardson said the 23-year-old had the club’s full support to return to his native country.

“We have been in lengthy discussions with Conor over recent weeks and we are completely supportive of him returning home to be with his family at this time,” Richardson said.

“We remain in constant communication with both Conor and his family and we will continue to provide our support during this period.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon has suffered a blow a month before Round 1, with defender Conor McKenna returning home to Ireland indefinitely.

Foxfooty.com.au understands McKenna returned due to home sickness and family-related reasons.

Essendon will continue to support him and remain in contact with the player and his family.

Essendon has suffered a blow a month before Round 1, with defender Conor McKenna returning home to Ireland indefinitely.

Foxfooty.com.au understands McKenna returned due to home sickness and family-related reasons.

Essendon will continue to support him and remain in contact with the player and his family.

Lol someone at fox got the email then

Remove this Banner Ad

Back