Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Hird05

All Australian
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Wing. He's not really a forward. Can easily kick 30 goals a season from the wing. Everyone wins..

Did they ever? :think:

I got hounded down by a few for calling him our best raw talent and saying he was on the way to be one of the best half backs in the league.

They have gone silent now, but bob up every now and then when he has a brain fade kick. But it's becoming a much longer time between drinks.

Can we put him in the guts because I don't think we have anyone who is as good in traffic. Actually, maybe Tippa. No one can lay a glove on either of them.

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
35 touches playing mostly from half back. Had over 700m gained. Absolutely massive game from McKenna. Probably one of his best decision making games too.

I think overall when you look back at his season you realise that he's getting closer to becoming the elite player we are all hoping for. He's not there yet consistently but its now not that unusual when he turns it on and is one of our top 5 players on the ground.

Him and Saad together are the most exciting pair of half backs in the game. Probably the most exciting I can remember since Mcleod and Johncock from Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how much influence he's had on the new Irish blokes joining us. I mean obviously him transitioning successfully and the club supporting him, allowing him to go home mid-season for his brother's wedding and whatever else is attractive.

But in terms of what he might have personally done, I know one of them stayed with him in Melbourne during some testing and such. I think it was in an article from an Irish website but I forget which. I believe McKenna has been in Ireland over the off-season though, so perhaps he'd have linked up with them over there as well, particularly McBride who only apparently committed to us/us to him a couple of weeks ago.

kleanr

Team Captain
Dec 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder how much influence he's had on the new Irish blokes joining us. I mean obviously him transitioning successfully and the club supporting him, allowing him to go home mid-season for his brother's wedding and whatever else is attractive.

But in terms of what he might have personally done, I know one of them stayed with him in Melbourne during some testing and such. I think it was in an article from an Irish website but I forget which. I believe McKenna has been in Ireland over the off-season though, so perhaps he'd have linked up with them over there as well, particularly McBride who only apparently committed to us/us to him a couple of weeks ago.

I did see an Insta Story with Connor and Ross having a cold one in Ireland recently. no doubt the Irish boys are instant-brothers

To be sure.
To be ...

429869_1.jpg

Oh no....request to move to Eglish coming....

McKenna scored a second-half goal to help Eglish defeat Edendork, 2-9 (15) to 1-10 (13), and maintain its Division One spot.

classic Edendork mode

also love this little fishing snipe from the article:

It is unclear whether he sought permission from Essendon to play or not. AFL.com.au has contacted the club.

Back