Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone even think of a game where McKenna was playing on an opponent who took him to the cleaners? He doesn't get a lot of goals kicked on him for a bloke who can't defend supposedly.

He's a better one-on-one defender than Redman.

According to his insta he is hanging out with Jake Long so I hope the rumour is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think McKenna could go quite well as a small forward. Certainly at VFL level in his early days he was good up there but he was still too raw to make it work at AFL level in his early years. It would give us another bloke other than Stringer and Daniher that can kick a goal from outside 50. Well Tippa can but only when he really gets onto it.

I personally wouldn't mind using Fantasia as a rebounding defender sometimes, he can certainly play the role and players pick up less injuries down back than up forward (well that's my theory anyway). Fantasia is a smart and quick decision maker which is important to get through zones.

McKenna will make an awesome forward. He's such a great kick especially for someone who hasn't grown up with the game.

Tbh I think he'll me more effective as a winger who goes forward, rather than a permanent forward. Regardless, I'm hyped to see what he can do this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back