Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a few **** ups on Friday ,had a nightmare against Geelong and was terrible on Anzac day but we excuse him because he's Irish ??. If he is to continue in the team please let it be as a forward because he sucks the energy out of the team with his costly turnovers.
apart from the obvious exceptions that we are both well aware of, most of his costly turnovers are due to his team mates standing around like morons at a muppet convention and not running or providing options for him. i’m surprised he has the energy to still bother to be honest.

apart from the obvious exceptions that we are both well aware of, most of his costly turnovers are due to his team mates standing around like morons at a muppet convention and not running or providing options for him. i’m surprised he has the energy to still bother to be honest.
So most of his kicking clangers are his team mates fault ?? give me a spell.....the sooner he realises that he's not Nathan Buckley the better we will be.

So most of his kicking clangers are his team mates fault ?? give me a spell.....the sooner he realises that he's not Nathan Buckley the better we will be.
nah, i won’t “give you a spell” - stay focused here. costly turnovers ≠ kicking clangers.

You don’t get to tell others to give you a spell when you’ve also just claimed the only reason anyone rates him is because he’s Irish. Just saying.

You don’t get to tell others to give you a spell when you’ve also just claimed the only reason anyone rates him is because he’s Irish. Just saying.
If you read my post again I said we excuse him because he's Irish..... not rate

nah, i won’t “give you a spell” - stay focused here. costly turnovers ≠ kicking clangers.
Costly turnovers = poor decision making ... maybe don't give it to team mates standing flat footed ??. Kicking clangers of which a lot seem to be when kicking in are from him getting ahead of himself. Is that to your satisfaction ?.

Costly turnovers = poor decision making ... maybe don't give it to team mates standing flat footed ??. Kicking clangers of which a lot seem to be when kicking in are from him getting ahead of himself. Is that to your satisfaction ?.
honestly, i can only comprehend about 40% of what you have written there.

Shouldn’t be playing in the back line. Get Ridley back in there, drop Zaharakis and play McKenna on a wing.

He’s great offensively at doing something other than bombing it long in to 50. He’s also a defensive liability.

Would like to see this happen. Something different.

Does he actually give a s***? Watching his game he seems to be just going through the motions, only making an effort when he really has to. I mean twice he spoiled the ball straight into a Sydney players hands, the umpire paid a mark and he just put his arms up like "meh". I know arguing with the umpire is pointless but at least look like you care that you've just given up an illegitimate mark.

I know he's signed up til 2021 but is he looking to go home? I don't know, but I do know he isn't playing anywhere near the level we know he is capable of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he actually give a s***? Watching his game he seems to be just going through the motions, only making an effort when he really has to. I mean twice he spoiled the ball straight into a Sydney players hands, the umpire paid a mark and he just put his arms up like "meh". I know arguing with the umpire is pointless but at least look like you care that you've just given up an illegitimate mark.

Have you watched him live. I regularly see McKenna busting his ass in attempt to chase blokes who have gotten out the back usually having to sprint past a few blokes in Essendon jumpers content to jog back.

Have you watched him live. I regularly see McKenna busting his ass in attempt to chase blokes who have gotten out the back usually having to sprint past a few blokes in Essendon jumpers content to jog back.
Yeah I don't get to many live games as I live 3 hours away from Melbourne, maybe it's a thing that is just noticeable on TV. Happy to retract my statement as it was just an observation from a few contests on Friday night.

Think he has a bit of an issue at the moment where when he spots a gap he tries to run the ball regardless if there are players further afield in a better position.

Daniher has a similar issue where he tries to go for speckies every time the opportunity arises even though he could probably just edge his opponent under the ball and take a simple mark a lot of the time.

Gleeson hasn't played any footy for almost 2 years and you want him to replace McKenna?
He’s played 4 games in the VFL this year and missed with a jaw so his fitness didn’t suffer. IMO he is a superior footballer when compared to McNiece and McKenna.

I’d be dropping McNeice looooooooooong before McKenna.
👍🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back