Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody. That's just hyperbole from our side. All that was said was that we made an offer which may have been a bit low, and Brisbane made a higher offer, do he just wanted us to up the ante, which we did.

And the fact that McKenna has now signed doesn't mean that anything that was being said by that poster was incorrect (at least in terms of offers being made and considered). An inflammatory first post aside all he was saying that was of any objective value was that Brisbane had trumped our offer significantly. It never made any sense that a deal had been done.

It would be a strange world if no other club had come knocking with a massive offer. The kid is a gun and will only get better. He also had no reason to negotiate a deal with us until the season finished and he had maximized his value. He's worth $200k a year more than he was 10 weeks ago (e.g he's now comfortably a $500k-$600k a year player). That's almost an extra million over the course of this contact (assuming that it's a fixed fee sum he is being paid without any scope for increases).

You'd really be alright with that? That's Michael Hurley post 1st AA money...
Was being facecious mate. Probably should have put it up to 5 mill. Honestly though, reckon it'll be an even $2 mill

**** that. $3 mill over 4

not sure we sign Joe Daniher to 2 Mil over 3 years and then sign McKenna to 3 Mil over 4???

Like an extra 100k a year for McKenna

To. Be. Suuuuuuuuuuurrrrrreeeeeee!!!!

Saw "Conor McKenna" trending on twitter and panicked for a second.

Mah man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOVE IT.....THIS GUY COULD BE ANYTHING....LOVE HIS DASH AND DARE DEVIL ATTITUDE...BACKS HIM SELF....STILL HAS A BIT TO LEARN BUT POTENTIAL IS HUGEEEEEEEEE.....WOULDNT SURPRISE ME IF THEY DEVELOPE HIS OUTSIDE MIDFIELD GAME...THINK HE WOULD BE GREAT RUNNING THE BALL INTO THE FORWARD LINE...KICKING IS GREAT ALSO....MCGRATH AND MCKENNA....WOW

But wait, I thought he was looking elsewhere.

(Despite having a social network in Melbourne to combat homesickness, a sense of home at the club and a solid contract offer)
He was gone but Essendon doubled their offer after realising the demand from other clubs. His brother is moving to Australia and would've moved with him to Brisbane to make the transition easy.

He was gone but Essendon doubled their offer after realising the demand from other clubs. His brother is moving to Australia and would've moved with him to Brisbane to make the transition easy.

whatever the reasons, truth or not - he is worth a decent pay packet in importance to our structure alone. That's without factoring in untapped future potential gains

whatever the reasons, truth or not - he is worth a decent pay packet in importance to our structure alone. That's without factoring in untapped future potential gains
I personally thought he was worth big money as he's so important to your gameplan and that quick brand of footy you play.

Have you any idea what figure they settled at?
I'll find this out soon but I imagine it's around 500k a year.

LOVE IT.....THIS GUY COULD BE ANYTHING....LOVE HIS DASH AND DARE DEVIL ATTITUDE...BACKS HIM SELF....STILL HAS A BIT TO LEARN BUT POTENTIAL IS HUGEEEEEEEEE.....WOULDNT SURPRISE ME IF THEY DEVELOPE HIS OUTSIDE MIDFIELD GAME...THINK HE WOULD BE GREAT RUNNING THE BALL INTO THE FORWARD LINE...KICKING IS GREAT ALSO....MCGRATH AND MCKENNA....WOW

How are you accessing the site using a 5110?

Just did a take of Huddo's Buddy call to piss off a Hawks workmate - 'Four, Four!!!'

Great news to brighten up an otherwise dreary old day:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back