Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously though, I wonder how those conversations go...
I imagine there's a bit of Basil Fawlty to it...

"Oh, that's just a great joke between us and the AFL. Yes, we really love it. Every year they come at us and hound us about something or other and we take them to court. Very unusual sense of humour, Mike Fitzpatrick, but he loves it, and we all have a bit of a laugh. Perfectly normal stuff, happens all the time."

Don't mention the saga.... Okkkk so after your weight regime boy your THIGHamosins will be much BETA than beFORE. You'll find our coaches really put some PEPtides in your step, welcome to our club!

Ok Manuel, I may have mentioned it a few times but I think I got away with it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most surprising part is that Caro hasn't written the following:
Essendon have been forced to look to International Rookies to fill their playing list as they continue to allow disgraced coach James Hird, who was suspended by the AFL for 12 months for his role in the Supplements Saga, to dominate the headlines. Club insiders have informed Fairfax that they will be looking 'outside the normal areas' for talent as it is widely predicted no Australian born player would want to play with the club.

Essendon is currently embroiled in an ongoing saga over their controversial doping program in 2012.......

Most surprising part is that Caro hasn't written the following:
Essendon have been forced to look to International Rookies to fill their playing list as they continue to allow disgraced coach James Hird, who was suspended by the AFL for 12 months for his role in the Supplements Saga, to dominate the headlines. Club insiders have informed Fairfax that they will be looking 'outside the normal areas' for talent as it is widely predicted no Australian born player would want to play with the club.

Essendon is currently embroiled in an ongoing saga over their controversial doping program in 2012.......

Titled

"A different McKenna replacing a Hird at Essendon"

Am I the only one who couldn't understand a word he was saying in that BTV interview?

Surprised they didn't have Hird there to shake his hand.. and make it a photo op.

Guess the head coach doesn't welcome new recruits anymore..

Wow what an accent! I was picking up the occaisional word amongst the random noise coming out of his mouth! Loved Dodoro struggling to hold back his laughter on the first question as well!

Also.............. how good is Dodoro's cowlick. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back