Delisted #45 Hugo Hall-Kahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Hugo the forgotton Swan?
I cannot remember hearing one word about him this year.
What were you expecting to hear rusty?

He was injured during the pre-season at one point IIRC.

I like the look of him and he showed some promise in the VFL last year but at the end of the day he's a mid-season draftee and the majority of them don't amount to much, so I'm keeping my expectations on Hall-Kahan low for now.

What were you expecting to hear rusty?

He was injured during the pre-season at one point IIRC.

I like the look of him and he showed some promise in the VFL last year but at the end of the day he's a mid-season draftee and the majority of them don't amount to much, so I'm keeping my expectations on Hall-Kahan low for now.
You are over everything

HHK has been rehabbing over the pre-season after injury and, I think, surgery. I think that's probably why we haven't heard much about him. Same goes for Sheather. Two years ago I was excited for Sheather. Now he's in the last chance saloon just because he hasn't had a run at it.

HHK has been rehabbing over the pre-season after injury and, I think, surgery. I think that's probably why we haven't heard much about him. Same goes for Sheather. Two years ago I was excited for Sheather. Now he's in the last chance saloon just because he hasn't had a run at it.
Thanks Cal.

I had just not heard anything about HHK. I have read those stories like from Alex Johnson where they spend the majority of their time rehabbing away from the main team. It can be a lonely and mentally draining time. I wonder with the new HQ whether the rehab will be closer to team training. I too was excited by Sheather too. He stood out in games. Not easy when you are new to the side.

Strange call, Horry. If he is better than Hayward then he will be an 'upgrade'. However, at the moment he is not and may never be - the same as every player in the VFL.

Seriously I'm getting a bit over these "get rid of Hayward" calls. Seriously Hayward was close yto our best small-medium last year and was borderline AA last year. What more does the bloke have to do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously I'm getting a bit over these "get rid of Hayward" calls. Seriously Hayward was close yto our best small-medium last year and was borderline AA last year. What more does the bloke have to do?
Borderline AA seriously , i don't want to get rid of him , but there is a bit of Rohan . Gee wizz we're on the HKK thread

Borderline AA seriously , i don't want to get rid of him , but there is a bit of Rohan . Gee wizz we're on the HKK thread
Hayward is indirectly the most important player in our team.

Constantly finds the link up position between wing and HF, flys and scraps for it, rarely loses a contest.

If I had every single AFL player standing Infront of a wall to pick my best 22, not only would I pick him, he'd be one of the first i pick.

Strange call, Horry. If he is better than Hayward then he will be an 'upgrade'. However, at the moment he is not and may never be - the same as every player in the VFL.

in the medium term is what I said. Upgrade in that he finds the ball more often.
Shiny New Toy Syndrome

give me a break. Sure I may have this wrong and I am not dissing Haward.

Hayward is indirectly the most important player in our team.

Constantly finds the link up position between wing and HF, flys and scraps for it, rarely loses a contest.

If I had every single AFL player standing Infront of a wall to pick my best 22, not only would I pick him, he'd be one of the first i pick.
I am continuously amazed at how under-rated Hayward is and has been... No idea why, he kicks a goal plus a game, lays 3 tackles, what more are you all wanting?

1678845932453.png

I am continuously amazed at how under-rated Hayward is and has been... No idea why, he kicks a goal plus a game, lays 3 tackles, what more are you all wanting?

View attachment 1629633
Him to not miss set shots from 30-35 out.
I really do like him , just want a bit more from him , as got the ability to be very good .
Anyhow this is not his thread , i'm guilty

Well more of everything would be good. First year players have stat lines like that. Rohan was rubbished on this forum for stats like that. Mature age recruits have stat lines like that for bottom four teams. Not to say what he does do isn't quality, or positive and generally he is an important link in the chain, but his overall contribution is still just average.

Borderline all-australian as in not at all?
And also.. not our best medium last year.. unless you mean physically close, as in he played in the same forward line as Heeney

Had an outstanding year last season, would have been not out of place in the 40 man squad.

I am not sure if Hall Kahan is that similar to Hayward. I see Hayward as a quick mobile medium forward that gets into space and can mark the ball in the forward line.

I don't think Hall Kahan will be as strong aerially and may be more of a quick forward flanker.

I have not been to training recently. But I assume Hall Kahan is fully fit. He missed the first few weeks of preseason and was doing a lot of boundary running. But I think he played the full VFL practice game 2 weeks ago against Brisbane in the forward line.

Last edited:
I am not sure if Hall Kahan is that similar to Hayward. I see Hayward as a quick mobile medium forward that gets into space and can mark the ball in the forward line.

I don't think Hall Kahan will be as strong aerially and may be more of a quick forward flanker.

I have not been to training recently. But I assume Hall Kahan is fully fit. He missed the first few weeks of preseason and was doing a lot of boundary running. But I think he played the full VFL practice game 2 weeks ago against Brisbane in the forward line.
From the very little I've seen of him, I would assume he is more of an attacking wingman? It could be that he was played down back last year to work on his defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back