Past #45: Oscar Junker - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Oscar

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the younger guys are training together as they don't do they full work load of the senior group. From what I've been told though he has been playing as a wingman/half back
Think that's a good place for him to start. Could get games as an intercepting defender like Easton Wood. Should be building him up to be a midfielder though.

Kind of reminds me of Michael Barlow this chap. Not the quickest guy but football smart as well.

but...he is actually quite quick.
I wasnt saying he was slow, just not the quickest guy. I didnt consider Barlow that slow TBH. Certainly isnt quick, but my comparison wasnt on Junker in terms of his speed exactly, just that he reminds me of Barlow in the terms of player/style.

Mick ran a 2.91 at his state screening.

Wouldn't their build at the time make a big difference? Some younger guys are not carrying anywhere near the bulk of others, as they get into more of an AFL shape they may struggle to retain speed I would have thought?

Mate, go back and watch his video.

Actaully get down and give me 20 ...... As nothing like Barlow 1 bit.

In my eyes he reminds me of him, I didnt say he was a replica of him. Just a vibe I get when I see him play and train. Its just my opinion anyway.

BTW today is rest day for me so the 20 will only make benchpress more difficult tomorrow :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't their build at the time make a big difference? Some younger guys are not carrying anywhere near the bulk of others, as they get into more of an AFL shape they may struggle to retain speed I would have thought?

I highly doubt he has stacked on the kilos in a month and half of training to effect his running ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back