Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon he has suffered from trying to break into a premiership team and lack of development at VFL level.

Im disappointed it hasn’t worked out for him at the tiges. I remember when he was drafted all the commentary was we got a steal.

expecting 3 more from the list below with the bolded most likely
Aarts (unless contracted) - Cumberland - Garthwaite - Eggsmith - Chol (free agent prob)
Yep.
Biggie might be in trouble too. Poor kids from his draft just haven’t had the opportunity.

Never looked like it would go another year when you cant push George and Aarts out of the team.

Two underperforming forwards was the perfect opportunity if he had something.

Good luck to him. You never know how the players are when they get told and know they are unlikely to be picked up by another club.

I think this is a real shame, I understand he was yet to have a significant impact on an AFL game but not a lot of players in his age have been able to do so for the club yet.

A victim of the clubs success, just five or six years ago we seen far less talented players get given far more opportunities.

I hope he’s given another opportunity at a different club and does well!

Hopefully all goes well for him. Tbh, I don’t think the club made a huge mistake on this call based on his progression and output, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t make it at another club. They have a big draft hand for the next generation so needed to make tough calls.

Wish you the best Naish!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farewell Patrick Naish.

Good luck in your future.

:'(

sh*t call, oh well

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty much my sentiments but not going to bag the club.

It is what it is and RFC have something hopefully up their sleeve.

Just hope Naishy learns from it and becomes great elsewhere.

He was a terrific bloke,the times I spoke to him,once on the Hurstbridge train.

As usual many are suggesting a delisted player shouldn't have been, he wasn't given enough opportunity, he'll be picked up by another team and hurt us, etc.

Yes we are a strong team, and yes he probably would have gotten more games if we weren't. Not sure it hindered his development though. We all watched him play. VFL player is what the list management have decided, and I agree.

A bottom 4 team may pick him up, as they often do with these sort of players, but I doubt it. He'll likely go and enjoy his footy at the level he is at, and good luck to him. He lived the dream of playing AFL for the team he supported all his life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back