Barnzy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 14, 2009
MCG
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
I am one of a few that don't believe in size matters in footy. You can still be small and go in like a mad man possessed and win the ball.

Exhibit A Baker
Exhibit B Bolton
Exhibit C Edwards to an extent.
Size doesn't matter in footy. What the...strongly disagree.

If you saw those 3 players stand next to Naish you would see the frame of men vs the frame of a boy.

I think it's a combination of both with Naish. He lacks the frame for the level combined with a soft attitude of avoiding contests.

Azzleberry

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Size doesn't matter in footy. What the...strongly disagree.

If you saw those 3 players stand next to Naish you would see the frame of men vs the frame of a boy.

I think it's a combination of both with Naish. He lacks the frame for the level combined with a soft attitude of avoiding contests.
He was always going to take a few years to put on size until he was ready at AFL level. similar to RCD in that fact!
We need both these players pushing the door down this year to be a genuine top 4 side

tora tora tora

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
He was always going to take a few years to put on size until he was ready at AFL level. similar to RCD in that fact!
We need both these players pushing the door down this year to be a genuine top 4 side
It feels like everyone who joined the club after him has caught up with Naish. And lots of competition for a spot in the 22. I can't see Patty making it with Richmond.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
It feels like everyone who joined the club after him has caught up with Naish. And lots of competition for a spot in the 22. I can't see Patty making it with Richmond.
'smalls' younger than naish atm: on the Richmond senior list.

(New)rioli.
Ralphsmith.
Dow.

Martyn.
Cumberland.
Ross.

stack.
dawkins.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree. His kicking is excellent but at his size and being very outside he needs to be able to break the lines if he’s going to make it and he ain’t fast.

Drunken Wookie

Wunken Drookie
Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
In the few games he's played I didn't think he looked out of his depth at all. Wasn't gangbusters but he stepped in and was composed and used the footy well. Have been waiting for him to bulk up ever since and it looks like it's a combination of genes and a strange aversion to lifting weights that's holding him back.
You look at Dow, young kid has a naturally skinny frame but you can tell he's putting in the effort to add some muscle to it. Looks ripped and lean. Naish looks like he'd struggle to peel a banana.

Remove this Banner Ad